Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Here we go again... FSD Cheyenne or 421 Golden Eagle?

Only have money for one.Which do you prefer and why?Thanks!

In all fairness, they are both great aircraft. I dont think you would be disappointed with either. They both have their + and -'s. Im not much help am I?RegardsBobG

Both are top quality aircraft. The 421C is the more recent, and has a ton of different liveries. It also has a novel approach to the cockpit gauges. With its Service Pack, it is hugely fun to fly.The Cheyenne flies like a dream, and has a more traditional FS Cockpit. It is also kinder on frame rates.Which to get ? My money is on both - if you can't buy both at once, toss a coin, get one, save up, and get the other one. If this seems like a cop-out - it is ! I wouldn't be without both.Oh, and the Archer is a must-have as well !

Guest bob

HiI have both and both are first class and worth the cost.However, I prefer the 'Eagle, there is more realism and the sound is better.good luckBob

As others have said they're both top notch aircraft. I think deciding on what kind of flying you do might help you with the decision. The Cheyenne is more suited for long range flights. It is faster and flies higher than the 421C. Its turbine powered as opposed to the piston powered 421C. As far as FS2002 goes, the add-on GPS system that comes with the 421C is really cool. I think the Cheyenne has the best VC of all the planes that I have, especially the night lighting. The 421C is a dream to fly, I fly it about 80% of the time now. You cant go wrong with either of them honestly. Hmmm, not sure if I helped or rambled.-------------Michael

Guest SoarPics

No, Michael, I think you're echoing the feelings of many of us who own both. I agree with Alistair's recommendation:"Which to get ? My money is on both - if you can't buy both at once, toss a coin, get one, save up, and get the other one. If this seems like a cop-out - it is ! I wouldn't be without both."Regards,

Hi,I have them both and they are top quality aircraft and panels.If I had to choose, I would go for the Cessna 421. A nice Garmin GPS and lot's of liveries available.My 2 euro cents,Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11