Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest MaxRateJumbo

Roll oscillation

Hi,Following the FS9 B744 update, I did a quick flight from KSEA to KPDX. Reaching about F200 doing about 320KIAS with LNAV and VNAV engaged, the aircraft starting rolling from side to side, up to 5 degrees either side of wings level. I did a DCT TO the same waypoint and for a few seconds the aircraft remained wings level, then started oscillating again. Strangely enough, the track (TRK-MAG) on the ND remained exactly the same.The oscillations stopped when I used HDG SEL, but restarted every time I used LNAV.Chad

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I found the roll to be more like 1-2 degrees and no doubt related to Wx and turb settings- NO ISSUE IN SMOOTH WX WHATSOEVER! I am planning to re-examine my FSUIPC and FE settings as recommended by Capt. Robert (Mondavi) Randazzo ;)The solution for now may be to turn OFF all turb and smooth better- I thought my yaw dampners were off for a second ;) no doubt the new flight model in LNAV is more sensitive - will play around with FSUIPC and report back.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |