Sign in to follow this  
Willem Clack

Livery Problem

Guest Oz_Animal

Thanks MatsNow for the Million Dollar question...How can I get hold of the docs without loading the software?I have googled away with no luck.As you can understand I don't want to contaminate my HDD with software not required for FS.ThanksSteve

Does your machine have more than one drive or partition? You can install the SDK anywhere. I have my FSX drive as D: and I install the SDK on the C:drive. Works fine.Even if you install the SDK on your FS drive, it's only a couple of hundred MB. No big deal really... Remember, it's just a collection of Docs, examples, and small code-utiliites.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Double-quotes do not matter, it is the CR at the end of the text that parses the line in its entirety. There are only few character that will affect this, for example: // or n>My obvious question is..what are they for/what do they do??No good reason for including them. Useless really...>My second question is does it matter what order the file is>written as...ie, is the atc_heavy=1 at the bottom for any>reason?No, variables can be in any order between (fltsim.X) entries.>And lastly..can we add gate codes etc without it impacting on>the model and do they have to be placed in a certain order for>the PMDG file?Yes, done everyday in the AI-world. But, gate-codes have no affect on ATC's direction to parking the user-aircraft you are flying.>PS. For those having problems with texture files collected>on-line I have found incorrect entries in some of the>texture.cfg files..ie they haveI believe there is better way to code these anyay. According to the aliasing info in the SDK, the statements should relative to the current container (airplanes, boats, cars, etc) or relative to the FSX root folder.Since the base model and it's three texture folders (really only one with dds files, texture.GE on the 744X, I think) is going have to be installed in order for any add-on liveries to be installed. The following would be the most effecient fallback text as the parent folder-names should never change anyway:fallback.1= PMDG-747400texture.GE <- relative to the same "Airplanes" folderfallback.2= SceneryGlobaltexture <- relative to the "FSX root" folderRegards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi Al...what can I say...your a weath of information...thanks mate.About the loading of the program I know it shouldn't matter but I'm a bit "Gun Shy" at the minni due to the issues I had earlier...But I will get over it :)Just getting another drive ready as we speek so all will be good.Amazzzzing about the quotes...lol...MS..what can one say...I put gate codes in just to define the texture/airline etc so when i'm allocation airlines etc in FSInn I just read the file to jog the mem...Just a me thing..The order is just a me thing tooo...lolAgree with fallback, I was just keeping things simple for the "Steve's" of this world...:)Thanks again AlLaterSteve