Sign in to follow this  
cpt des

PMDG 747-400 FMC

I am having probs with the FMC....when I enter a flightplan from say Perth,(YPPH)-Adelaide,(YPAD) or anywhere else for that matter, the FMC tells me the flight is "not in the data base".I have downloaded the latest airac cycle 08/05 and the FMC shows that as being installed.Where have I gone wrong... I want to be able to put plans in and fly themThanks in advance for any help you can give.Cpt Des

Nameless-(Please adhere to our forum requirements for signing your (real) name to all posts in this forum. We appreciate it, thank you!)It sounds to me as though you do not have the navdata installed correctly. That is most likely what would cause this.You haven't mentioned whether you are using FS9 or FSX- so please read carefully below depending upon your simulator version:You should have five navdata files located in the following directory:/PMDG/NAVDATA/FMCWP/NAVDATAYou should then have something to the tune of 2167 SID/STAR files in the following directory:/PMDG/SIDSTARS/PMDG/SIDSTARSIf you used Navigraph's installer- the only way you could have goofed this up that I can think of- is to have selected the wrong FS version... But That shouldn't have deleted your old navdata installation... so i'm at a bit of a loss there.Anyway- hope that helps!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert,Please accept my appologies for the name thing...I am still checking this through and will look for the entries this evening.Des Broadfield

Des,>>I am having probs with the FMC....when I enter a flightplan from say Perth,(YPPH)-Adelaide,(YPAD) or anywhere else for that matter, the FMC tells me the flight is "not in the data base". I have downloaded the latest airac cycle 08/05 and the FMC shows that as being installed. Where have I gone wrong... I want to be able to put plans in and fly them. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Cpt Des<

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png