Sign in to follow this  
Guest eko

It's there! It's there!

Welcome Welcome welcome..............:)I finished uploading it and as it has been over a month maby since my last I had forgoten what to do lol,so it took me longer than I imagined because I did not wish to upload my unwashed laundry :)So tomorrow Pan american then what ?Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

Guest B52Drivr

Mike, From someone who has just a few hours in a 'two-seven', NICE JOB!The aircraft looks supurb -- all the nice, authentic, touches. The only 727 which has thrust reversers -- nice touch. Been a busy day here at home, so just had a chance to do a quick and dirty, 'once around ORD before I got yanked off the puter and into the Sunday activities, however, later tonight, we'll let it stretch it's legs just a bit . . . I don't think I'll be disappointed.Best regards and thanks for a fine example of a 'two-seven'.Clay Dopke

Yeah, I am addicted. Great going Mike.Now, on to the niggle and my thread header. I know it is hard to believe, but I crashed your brand new 727. Yup. Hard as that is to believe from an old pro like me, I made it into a lawn dart. How's that you say? IMC and on an IFR approach. No NAVRAD. Got vertigo trying to figure out how to change the NAVRAD settings and the next thing you know, I am clipping the weeds. I think I ate a solid cloud along the way. Anywhoooooo... is there problem with the NAVRAD settings or is it just me? :-lolAnyone who knows me, knows that being a "lawn dart" is a favorite avocation of mine.... "Old Pro" refers to my innate ability to crash any a/c at least twice. Once on take off and once on landing.

Tom P L E A S E get plenty of practice before you fly my FedEX :(

I note that with more than half aileron deflection you get spoiler operation on the down wing. A problem here?Clyde WilliamsLevin NZ

Tom,It's not just you. I can't change the Nav Radios settingseither. I get the little hand with + or - but nothing happenswhen I click on them.

I've had problems with the Concorde's nav radio gauges before. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I've already got a panel patch coming, so I'll replace them with something more reliable.Thanks for the info.Mike Stone

Hmmmm, the information I have shows the 727 equipped with spoilerons. Is this not correct? Mike Stone

Hi Clyde,>I note that with more than half aileron deflection you get >spoiler operation on the down wing. A problem here? I'm not a "72" expert - but this is normal for many aircraft. Using a spoiler to decrease lift on the inside wing produces the same effect of an aileron increasing lift on the outside wing - it increases the bank rate. In fact, several aircraft only use spoilers to bank - they don't have ailerons at all.Take care,Marc

I should have been a little more precise. It was the amount of spoiler deflection that interested me. With full aileron 'eye'judgement suggest to me that the deflection is more in the top end of the range ie a lift 'killer' rather than a lift 'reducer'. Initial 'spoileron' visable effect seems to me to be just about right it is only when 'full and free' control inputs are exercised that the full effect became apparent. Not niggling just interested.Clyde WilliamsLevin NZ

Did you know the Eastern version was at Oshkosh 2002?Grandson Justin took pictures for proof. :-)See the spoof at http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID47/7654.html#0But most importantly, THANKS Mike for the new Eastern 727. New, and Eastern in the same sentence? Doesn't sound right. ;-) The Eastern equipment only looked this good for the first week after delivery. ;-)BobBobThe CURRENT WEATHER at my home. (12.9 Miles ESE of KPIA)http://www.crh.noaa.gov/radar/images/DS.p3...klot/latest.gif