Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cloudfreak

AT-Hold Mode: what is right ???

Hi,I am a trifle bemused!a)in FS9(747-400) when pressing TOGA and reaching 60kts the Thrustmode changes to Hold-Mode ;when i now move the Throttles to Idle they remains there! for me this is all right!b)in FSX(747-400) when pressing TOGA and reaching 60kts the Thrustmode changes to Hold-Mode but when i now move the Throttles to Idle they are going slowly forwards to full power!question: What is right???ThanksJ

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The correct sequence is- manually set approx. 70% N1, depress the TOGA switches, watch for the advance and LOOK for HOLD before 65 knots- that indicates the proper thrust setting was set (I use RR so EPR) and then the throttle servos DISENGAGE so as to prevent any further/inadvertant throttle movement. This is backed up with the PF keeping his hands on the throttles until the V1 call. The servo re-engagement occurs at THR REF VNAV SPD.Closing the thrust levers will result in an RTO only IF YOU HAVE THE CORRECT SETTING CHECKED in the PMDG menu- Throttles over-ride. I'm guessing it is checked in your FS9 install, and not checked in your FSX install.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Hi Carl,i have set a "X" in both PMDG menus - Throttles over-ride- (FS9 and FSX) but it works only in FS9!In FS9 when the Hold-Mode is anounced and i move the Throttles back to idle they remains in that position but not in FSX!Regards J

Perhaps the mapping isn't quite right in FSX? Are you using FSUIPC in FS9 and relying on FS/Windows for FSX?Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Hi Carl,in FS9 i use FSUIPC V3.80,in FSX i use FSUIPC4 V4.2.9.8Regards J