Sign in to follow this  
Guest hangar744

FS9 744F Display transfer and brightness

Guest hangar744

Hi folks,a rather strange behavior I found concerning display brightness and display transfer.Turning down the brightness of a display and than transferring that to an other display will "take" the brightness properties along with it to its new location.Anyone can confirm this, please?regards,delcom

Delcom-Are you referring to "transferring" with the change-over switch, or by dragging a windowed display? In the latter it makes sense- same image, different location. In the former, I'm guessing if it occuring it is a FS limitation- the real aeroplane's individual CRT/LCDs are hardware controlled so the "rehostat"/brightness is based on the hardware selection- regardless of the data selection being displayed.I will test further and repost- interesting....hmmmmmmmBest-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Yes- you are correct! I set up a scenario at dusk, ultra-bright PFD, very dim ND. Using the change-over switch I moved the PFD to the inboard display- and it remained ultra-bright. Again, this must be something to do with an FS limitation- I am almost certain that this does not happen in the real aeroplane, but perhaps you or Sam or Q could confirm further?Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

"the real aeroplane's individual CRT/LCDs are hardware controlled so the "rehostat"/brightness is based on the hardware selection- regardless of the data selection being displayed."Yes, as Carl says, the brightness is controlled only by hardware, with direct input from switches and sensors to the IDU's.Cheers.Q> イアン

Guest hangar744

good day,slight misunderstanding there. My question is: are we all experiencing this CRT/LCD "brightness and transfer" issue?Carl said yes...anyone else?First i thought it was only my own setup messed up. thanks folks,delcom