Sign in to follow this  
anthonyrees

737-200 and 737-300 Formation Display

Who ever said the old generation 737's are cumbersome and not precision enough, think again!This weekend in Cape Town, South Africa we were treated to a very rare formation flight display of two old generation 737's, namely the 200 and 300 models flown as South African Airways Cargo.The airport was Airforce Base Ysterplaat(FAYP)The 200 was flown by veteran aerobatic ace and 747-400/ A340-600 pilot, Captain Scully Levin and his daughter as first officer. (Both his daughters are captains in SAA on heavy's by the way). He is now SAA's head of training in 737-800 and 747-400 aircraft and has 28 000 hours in Boeing aircraft.I wonder how the 737NG's would shape up to such a demo. Can it be done?BTW: They stuck to each other like glue from after take off to landing. Incredible precision. Their airspeed down the flight line was only 170 knots and at the show's base safety level of 200 feet.AnthonyCape TownSouth Africa

Guest j-mo

Nice! Impressive flying, too.

Aah Westejet. When I lived in Vancouver a coule years ago, I used to fly them a lot, starting from Abbotsford to Calgary, Edmonton and my favourite vacation place, Kelowna. A great airline.