Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

What are the best FREEWARE FS2002 scenery packages?

I would truly appreciate all recommendations, be it big airports or GA strips :-). I have a more up to date PC now so I'd like to bring some life to the FS2002 world. Thanks a lot in advance!!!Best regards,Dirk <>

Guest nirvana

hey!i'd suggest Bremen by Oliver Papst (i think you're from germany, aren't you? so you should know what i'm talkin about)! it's absolutely great!! also his LEPA scenery, though this one is made for fs2000. but it's worth the download! i hope i could help you! ciao, regards :-wavepeter

Guest Flyingdutchman

Hi,#1 Try Okecie airport EPWA, it's a very nice scenery of this polish scenery.Search in the library for EPWA.#2 Or try flightsim.com and search for "switzerland aiports" there are three packeges of about 3mb and it has most of the swiss airports. Very nice detail and excellent for VFR/GA flying, most airports are withing 1 hour flyingRegards,Evert

Guest Boone

By far - the greatest improvement I noticed was when I downloaded a little programme called "Autogenius". It was a while back and I got the link address off of the forum here, but my god the difference was world's apart. Basically it arranged the buildings to appear where they should be rather than the random effect found in default FS. Drawback -> scenery has to maxed to 100%. Positive -> Makes cities and towns look UNBELIEVABLY REAL!Perhaps do a little search in the forum here to find the URL.Boone

Look for any of the landclass sceneries by Justin Tyme, Orlando, Sotomayer, Eddie Denny and several others (sorry if I do not recall your names). They will give you the topological landscape in greater detail and resolution than the standard fs2k2 variety. I think the Southern California series, that actually extends all the way up the Pacific coast is particularly outstanding, though so are the bonbons from Justin Tyme such as Yosemite, the Appalachians, Mt. Rushmore and other regions of the U.S. There is also a new landclass set out for most, if not all of Europe...tho I do not have the details at my fingertips. Someone else may have that information, or you can do a search in the avsim scenery library.Sherman KaplanHighland Park Il

Guest Heather 636

Good day Dirk!I haven't expanded yet with a catalog of ALL the North American Freeware scenery, and I don't get into reviewing each piece, other than a few "Must Have" comments, but I recently uploaded to the AVSIM library, an illustrated catalog of Freeware Scenery of the Pacific Northwest. It covers Alaska, British Columbia, Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories, Washington, and Oregon.Most of them have screenshots, a brief description of the file, it's filename, source, etc.Best of all, like the freeware it describes, it's free too.To get it, go to the AVSIM Library, Extended Search feature and do a search on my name, Heather.I don't have much in there so it won't be hard to find.The file name is:sl3rdded.zipCheers!Heather