Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

FSBuild2 FP's to MD-11?

Hi guys,As I can't get to play with the new MD-11 'till the end of the week because of a business trip, I'm curious to know if anyone is succefully exporting FP's from FSBuild2 to the new bird? Do the FP's have the same format as the 744?Thanks and have fun for those of us that can't get at it just yet...Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest AV

The FP's are in the same format as the 744. Exported FP's work fine with the MD-11. I'd let the FMC figure out fuel burn predictions though.

Guest ziporama

Just created one last night.My version of FSBuild doesn't create RTE2 bur RTE - that works fine.Also, the MD 11 supports multiple cruise altitude profiles - not sure how FSBuild can assist with that.Etienne

Thanks for the reply guys. It sound like I won't have too much trouble getting a FSBuild FP into the "dog" as soon as I get home. Good to know...Cheers,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

The MD-11 also supports FS flight plans (.pln files) created either with FSX (xml type) or with previous FS versions (FS9 and FS2002). These plans must be located in the default FS flight plan folder which is "My Documenst/Flight Simulator X files". You can drop in there any .pln flight plans created with FSX, FS9, FSBuild or whatever and the MD-11 will recognize them. You don't have to remember file names, once you enter departure/arrival airports on the F-PLN INIT page you will be presented with summary pages for all flight plans found in your PC (both at the above folder for .pln files and the {FSX directory}/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS folder for rte and rt2 files) and you can select the one that suits you. Note that this is a real function of the aircraft.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Thanks Michael for the informative overview. God, I can't wait to get home! It sounds like PMDG covered all the various FP scenarios with this edition. What if FSBuild2 is still set to ouptut both FS9 style plans as well as the 744X rte types? Will the FMC offer both, one from each directory and I'll be able tell from which I'm choosing? I know I need to finish the manual, but this business trip just has me swamped.Also, can you tell me, does the existing AIRAC updates for the 744X extracted to the PMDGnavdata PMDGSIDSTARS directories also conitnue to work with the MD-11? In other words, there's no requirmenent for another MD-11 specific update from NavData?Thanks again guys, I really am jealous that I missed the launch.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE