Sign in to follow this  
Gumps

MD-11 Brakes...not Autobrakes - They didn't Work at All

It's always a bit of a chore to setup a new airplane, not only the joystick assignments, but using WideView, there are all of the panels to relocate and save. One thing I never have issues with, however, are the *basic* joystick settings (versus the button assignments). I'm using a CH Flightstick/Throttle Quadrant/Pro Throttle (for extra buttons)/and Pedals. Great stuff.While muddling my way through the MD-11 setup and familiarity, I noticed that the brakes wouldn't hold the airplane, or even slow it. Nor would the parking brake. The red "BRAKE" FS label correctly appeared in the lower left of the main screen, but no effect. None.Fortunately, in reading one of the autobrake posts, I ran across Mats Johansson's comment:"Check and see if you have Left/Right Brakes Failure tripped in the general FS failures menu."Now that's silly...I never ever touch that menu.Hmmm, better check just in case.Mr. J you were right on the money! Both brakes were 'checked' as failed. How that happened is a mystery to me, but boy am I glad I came across your post. And I figured if it happened to me, it might also happen to someone else and I didn't see a direct post on this subject, so I figured I'd highlight the matter.Thanks again Mats,And by the way, this PMDG MD-11 is a work of technical art. I cannot imagine the amount of work that went into producing such a complex and thorough aircraft simulation. Stunning!Gumps

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

It's always a bit of a chore to setup a new airplane, not only the joystick assignments, but using WideView, there are all of the panels to relocate and save. One thing I never have issues with, however, are the *basic* joystick settings (versus the button assignments). I'm using a CH Flightstick/Throttle Quadrant/Pro Throttle (for extra buttons)/and Pedals. Great stuff.While muddling my way through the MD-11 setup and familiarity, I noticed that the brakes wouldn't hold the airplane, or even slow it. Nor would the parking brake. The red "BRAKE" FS label correctly appeared in the lower left of the main screen, but no effect. None.Fortunately, in reading one of the autobrake posts, I ran across Mats Johansson's comment:"Check and see if you have Left/Right Brakes Failure tripped in the general FS failures menu."Now that's silly...I never ever touch that menu.Hmmm, better check just in case.Mr. J you were right on the money! Both brakes were 'checked' as failed. How that happened is a mystery to me, but boy am I glad I came across your post. And I figured if it happened to me, it might also happen to someone else and I didn't see a direct post on this subject, so I figured I'd highlight the matter.Thanks again Mats,And by the way, this PMDG MD-11 is a work of technical art. I cannot imagine the amount of work that went into producing such a complex and thorough aircraft simulation. Stunning!Gumps
Pretty weird. I just had this happen too. I never have default failures enabled and don't have PMDG failures enabled at the moment. I did just install FS2Crew though. Don't know if that had something to do with it.