Sign in to follow this  
Guest Susan27

MD11: FMC: Entering Origin/Destination: Not in data base?

Guest Susan27

Hi,just installed MD11for FSX with the AIRAC which was shipped by. After I opened the FMC I want to enter the Origin Apt and the Dest Apt. - for example EGLL and LSZH : But all I get is a message: "Not in data base"The same message comes when I enter "EGLLLSZH001" as said in the Tutorial...all I get on the FPln-Init page is "Not in database"What I am doing wrong here...? :)KRSusan

Hi susan,In the NAV Data folder make sure airport.dat is a text file. I had the same problem. I opened airport.dat in notepad and ensured it was a text file, to do this right click on the file under properties select "opens with" and select notepad. This did the trick for me. VRTodd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Guest Susan27

Thanks Todd for your help, I will try that at once...:)KRSusan

Susan?Nice to see womans flying this beast. A shame that my girlfriend don't think the same :(

Juan Ramos