Sign in to follow this  
rvk

Advise request please re activation.

Hi Folk'sI have had a number of problems with the MD-11 which required quite a few reinstalls although I can't blame PMDG for any of them. These include the DLL coruption, ILS off centre and to top it all my hard drive failed yesterday.I sent a request to support about reactivating my validation as I had run out of attemps. This was just about 24 hours ago.Can someone give me an idea how long this will take as I would like to get it sorted so I can then defrag my new drive and installations and I don't want to validate my WINXP again until I know all is OK.Thanks Ron

Guest wyldmagik

Bit of advice for you incase you end up in same issue later on after you do reinstall..Hardrive failure was or could of probably been the reason for your file issues, sometimes more often than not, if you have unstable ram or have had ram issues and not really sorted them out in past, this and you get a BSOD etc or hard pc restart your drive can become file corrupt.This means that if your having issues with ram whatever you do installing moving files more crashes in other games as well etc, may lead to system instability and mess up your hardrives sectors and worse.good point of call is to to do a chkdsk /r (r means repair) at the cmd console and reboot and let it check ur C drive..i think /r makes u reboot first to check on bootup, but if u do a plain chkdsk first then you can see in the cmd window if you had any corrupt files on your system.Anyhow not really a related answer but something to think of maybe incase you got more underlying issues..hehe James.

Hi James,I didnt bother with chkdsk as I just replaced the drive. My system has been fairly stable for the last year or so and the hard drive that failed has been in the previous set up I had so likely it was getting old.I do defrag and make other checks on a fairly regular basis and it happened while I was backing up my main drive so didnt lose anything either. All its done is cost me loads of time stuffing it all back as it was.Cheers Ron