Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest stubbornswiss

Strange ATC in FSX with MD-11

Guest stubbornswiss

Greetings!I hope you all don't mind me posting this here. I thought it was appropriate, as I was flying the MD-11, although I am sure the problem is not a/c specific.I was flying from KPDX-KATL, not using SID's or STAR's. No problems all along the route.Approaching KATL, I received clearance for an ILS approach (I don't remember which runway), and started being vectored and descended. It got to the point that I was now flying away from the airport, and I thought the controller would swing me around and bring me back in, as there was considerable traffic in the area (Airline traffic density set at 65%; General aviation traffic density set at 65%).However, I countinued to be vectored away from the airport, and much to my surprise I was eventually told that ATC services were terminated, blah blah blah!!As you can imagine, this is pretty annoying at the end of a flight!Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this, with ANY aircraft type, and what might be the cause.As usual, thanks for all the assist.

Ive experienced the same, although one twice in 5 months.Sometimes the ATC just die...Wilco 737-500 and the default A321.I dont know if theres any cure. :/- Philip

Philip D. Schmidt Jensen

- Denmark

Guest stubbornswiss

I hope you don't mind me bumping this once.Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if there is a "cure".Thanks.

:-8:-violin:-lol, FS ATC... Apparentely this hasn't been solved in FSX, I don't think there is cure other then using a third party ATC.The way I avoid this bug is by contacting ATC at around 30NM, at the point where you get final vectors to the runway.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $705.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now