Sign in to follow this  
Guest dodougla

Event Marker

Guest dodougla

What is the Event Marker Button on the MD-11?Thanks,Don

Hi Don:I dont think i quite know what you mean. Perhaps you could post a screenshot of the button that you are talking about?CheersPaul

Don,this will place a mark on the flight data recorder. As an example: A problem was entered into the aircraft's log. Then before the next flight the maintenance department instructs you to push the event marker button in case that "problem" reappears, so that they know where to look for it on the recorder afterwards.This is, for obvious reasons, a dummy switch on our aircraft.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Hi Markus:I'm obviously completely blind (not a good start as a pilot. Virtual or otherwise, ;) ) but where is this button located?CheersPaul

Guest dodougla

Thanks Markus, Paul,it is (on the 2D main panel) to the left of DU1.Thanks again!Don

Ah, thanks Don:I fly exclusively in the VC these days so dont really have a look at that part of the Flightdeck, far too many scary looking buttons and switches down there :) ;)CheersPaul