Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

What charts for SIDS and STARS in MD-11 Tutorial?

Guest cliffie1931

The MD-11 Tutorial number 1 instructs us how to enter the most appropriate SID and STAR for the flight from Heathrow to Zurich.I now need to dig deeper and identify the reasoning for these choices by looking at the relevant charts.I'd appreciate guidance as to what charts I should examine and where to find them.Cliff

Cliff,the easiest way to get those charts for simulation use is with nDAC:http://ndac.navigraph.com/www/ndac.aspOf course you could also go to your local aviation store and buy the charts from suppliers like Jeppesen, something I only recommend if you want nice and big enroute paper charts.So if you use nDAC, or any other source of charts you'll need to look for the SID and STAR charts for EGLL and LSZH. You'll find all the available SIDs and STARs including those used in the tutorial flight. You may also want to have a look at the CAT1 ILS chart for runway 14.That's what you need routing wise to get you to and from the airways.There is of course a vast amount of additional information regarding the airports you fly to and from, like taxi routing, gate information and coordinates, noise abatement procedures, and much more.Let me know should you have any additional questions.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest cliffie1931

I tried Navigraph many moons ago so will have another go at it.Thanks for pointing me in the right direction MarKus.Regards.............Cliff

I can send you the most recent Jeppesen charts if you want.Let me know if you're interested.

Guest cliffie1931

That's kind of you Ramon and I appreciate your helpfulness.If Navigraph isn't what I need I'll revert.But my thanks to you.Regards...............Cliff