Sign in to follow this  
Guest kvanhees

MD-11; how to store a manually inserted flightplan? Read this post!

Guest kvanhees

Hi all,a few days ago I turned all the possible manuals around for some info about how to store a manually inserted flightplan.Either I overlooked it (which is probably the case!) or maybe it's not there, anyway I discovered it;After you have inserted your flight plan:* go to the REF page in the MCDU.* you will find an option "save F-PLAN" in LSK 6R.This will store the plan for you!

Some additional info:If you press the SAVE F-PLN prompt with the scratchpad empty the flight plan name will be automatically named as XXXXYYYYnnn, e.g. EGLLLSZH001 (if this plan exists it will be named EGLLLSZH002, etc.)If you want to define your own name you should first type the desired name (max allowed length is 11 characters) in the scratchpad and then press the SAVE F-PLN prompt. To load again this saved flight plan you should enter the above name in the F-PLN INIT page CO ROUTE field (LSK 1L). Or enter the origin/destination ICAO codes on LSK 1R and the FMS will look up any existing flight plans for this route and present them for selection.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest thepilotny1
Hi all,a few days ago I turned all the possible manuals around for some info about how to store a manually inserted flightplan.Either I overlooked it (which is probably the case!) or maybe it's not there, anyway I discovered it;After you have inserted your flight plan:* go to the REF page in the MCDU.* you will find an option "save F-PLAN" in LSK 6R.This will store the plan for you!
I did what you explained but it said after I press LSK 6R ....... !! NOT ALLOWED.Any Idea??Juan Herrera

Thanks, been wondering that for some time. Will give it a go right now.