Sign in to follow this  
wchafe

Some great pics at airliners.net

Picture number one: I hate it when that happens!Picture number four: I REALLY hate it when that happens !!Picture number five: No, really, I HATE it when that happens !!Pixture number six: Ah hell, see picture number one, four, and five.. Mike B.

Guest KenG

Isn't the last pic showing a Vmu test? That is, the minimum unstick speed. They usually strap a large wooden plank to the skid pad and test the minimum speed at which when the plane will lift off. The plank is there so that the skid pad or any part of the plane isn't ruined. I could be getting my terms wrong, but I know they do that test.It also looks like me trying to do a soft field takeoff/landing. :-lolI like the pic showing the condensation within the engines. I've seen that in real life a couple times, living in humid regions of the US.The second to last pic explains why I never received that Amazon.com order. ;-)

The third pictures cannot be real , it's unbelievable to me seeing all those quiet people.In doubt, I have taken note of the Airline.Rinaldo

The picture is of Princess Julianna Airport - at least it looks like it - and when you get dozens of planes a day right above your head, you get used to it.

Here's what a correct landing looks like, followed by what a landing looks like just prior to taking out the perimiter fence. Sorry for the size on the second pic. I can't remember where I got these pics from, but I'm not the photographer.

regarding the last picture, it looks like they messed up their aircraft.cfg (never try to merge a A340 with the pic panel).cheers,mmmol

Hmmm....the 'unfortunate' pics look like there are some job opportunities out there ;-)Rob.

Guest J_Niny

>PS. I think the last one is a test, not an accidental tail strike LOL Wade !BTW, did you notice the last word painted on the plane`s body? Smoother. :-lol

I still think this is the best aviation photo I have ever seen. It is my wallpaper on the desktop.. Mike B.

Guest NWB009

Any chance anyone has a duplicate of this from FS2K2 ? I'd like to show people in the office here why I spend so much time at AVSIM, when I'm suppose to be an engineer :(

Its a photo from Life Magazine a few years ago. Looks like the depth was distorted a bit when it was scanned. Makes the plane look bigger in relation to everything else than it was in the original pic.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest rcritz

Did anyone else get a popup window advertising free condoms when clicking on the ANG C141 picture? :-eek