Sign in to follow this  
kiek

CH Control Manager and PIC

Hi,I am using CH Flightsim Yoke, CH Pro Throttle USB and CH Pro Pedals USB to control PIC. They are easily recognised by WindowsXP and FS2K2 let you configure each joystick individually. However, the buttons on the CH Pro Throttle are not recognised in the PIC/Settings/Custom Control menu. I have tried to use the CH Control Manager software to make one virtual joystick of the three CH products. This gives you for instance the possibility to assign F12 (Roger Wilco) to a switch, which is great. But with this piece of software, I seem to loose proportional breaking on the Pedals, and also the 4-way switches on the Pro Throttle are treated as hat switches and cannot be seen as 4 seperate buttons.Has somebody succeeded to define such a virtual joystick with CH Control Manager??? If so, I would very much like to share your map file, if possible...kiek

Hey kiek,Great timing! I just came down that path. >However, the buttons on the CH Pro Throttle are not recognized in > the PIC/Settings/Custom Control menu. You will need to record the PIC custom key(s), and program in the CH CNTRL MNGR. The mapped keys will then pass-thru to PIC. Don't use the Directx button map, use the Programmed keys option.>I have tried to use the CH Control Manager software to make one >virtual joystick of the three CH products. This gives you for >instance the possibility to assign F12 (Roger Wilco) to a switch, >which is great. >But with this piece of software, I seem to loose proportional >breaking on the Pedals,The trick is to use the 6 axis, 32 button wizard. Then program each toe brake as an available axis ( U and V work for me )and ensure they are reversed. InFS2002 goto controllers, Assignments, axis and Map to Left and Right Rudder brake pedals.If you find that after mapping and during a flight the brakes are constantly on, goto sensitivities and make then full for the rudder brakes and have the null zone at Zero. If the problem still persists, use FSUIPC's controller calibrator and tweak the Rudder Brakes calibration. It will work after some tinkering.>and also the 4-way switches on the Pro Throttle are treated as hat >switches and cannot >be seen as 4 separate buttons.If you turn-off the Directx map and use the Programmed map, the POV is changed to individual keys. * The best option, and most fun for mapping PIC controls are not thru the CH controllers but thru Game commander, giving you that PNF, PF say and action. Enjoy!- Alex

Hi Alex,Thank you for your help! I have not had the time today to implement your advise, tomorrow night I'll certainly try.About Game Commander, I have not thought of that before... but, would that go together with Roger Wilco and (the virtual co-pilot of ) Flight Deck Companion?kiek