Sign in to follow this  

Cant get the speed down with the posky 767

Hi thereI have used the merge utility. Everything works great with the PIC panel and POSKY model but only when i am in a decent the speed will not go down. When i fly a continuous decent, so when i fly out of the decent straight into the G/S the speed only increases.I have set the MCP to 180 or less but it will keep bilding up speed.How can this be?????Olso when i am in a normal decent an have the v/s somewhere around -1200 it keeps bilding up speed. a/t and everything aremd and set correctly.Mark Honing

Guest ilh

PIC is very, very slippery, although apparently not as slippery as the real thing. If you're at all high and fast on an approach, you'll have a tough time decelerating, even with full speed brakes. You really need to stay on top of your descent, more so than with any other add-on I believe.Just today online on KLAX 25L approach, LAX_V_APP wanted me to accelerate to 250kts about 15nm from the runway even though I was on the glideslope. I politely said "no way" or else I wasn't going to land.Also, make sure you have your flaps out at appropriate times, and gear too. They will help you slow, but watch their maximum deployment speeds.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)[link:www.sls.lcs.mit.edu/ilh/fs/DFMS734.zip]B734 Dreamfleet/Microsoft Merge

As a rule of thumb I calculated you need about 4 nm to descend 1000 ft in the 767PIC. You can descend steeper but then it will be almost unavoidable to see a speed buildup. Make sure that your final approach path (say last 30 miles) does not exceed this gradient or you simply won't be able to slow down, deploy flaps and land.Michael J.