Sign in to follow this  

767 PIC Flight...29 pics..

Guest KB

Wow! Superb PICS...;-)Regards,Karl

Guest ielchitz

Great Photos....Except...- Seatbelt signs appear to still be on at FL330 - do not forget that maybe the PAX have to go wee wee .- Looks to me like too much Flap on final for a 22 knot Crosswind..Ian E.

Thanks for the kind comments guys....LOL...As for the flaps and 22 knot crosswind....well...I only have about 15 hours as PIC (Pilot in command) in the 767. So I'm excused....LOL...Cheers...

Guest Martin

There is no reason to believe that the seatbelt signs are still ON. The only thing one can assume from the screenshots is that the seatbelt signs are not OFF, because that would generate an EICAS message (but that message could of course be cancelled).The seatbelt signs may very well be on AUTO (where they should be during cruise) - at least there's nothing that indicates they're not...Don't confuse the newbies. :-)And as for the crosswind/flap configuration... I haven't read anything about using less flaps in high crosswinds (the only reasons to use less than full flaps that I can think of right now is when being very heavy, having an engine failure or other malfunctions of some kind).MartinIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest Lobaeux4

Great pics, and the panel is so clear, I could actually read the lettering. I've got to get a bigger monitor!!Joe and his 14" monitor!!

Guest MB327

Very nice. Great job hand flying the landing. Now your ready for the River Visual to 19 at KDCA.

Nice "PIC"'s - mind the pun ;-)Your taxi light switch (to the right of the gear lever) looks different and better than mine, please could you tell me where to get it, or mail it to me how to set it up.email is rob256@sympatico.ca or at "work" rhall@comfortinnmarkham.comPlease and thanks.PS...you can ignore this, but I thought it might be helpful... - After flaps up, you may move the gear lever selector to the centre "off posiiton" in flight.- When landing with ILS, when established, you may select APP mode, then disable the autopilot and A/T...fly the FD...it will guide you down the slope and provide the flare cue. You can use the FD in all modes (V/S, etc) to help guide you.- It is typical to stay in MAP mode on the EHSI/ND during most phases of flight.- There are many 'correct' flap settings for takeoff/landing. For Air Canada, they typically do NOT use full flap for landing unless they are heavy or there are weather/runway considerations. Flaps 25 is common for landing...and flap 5 is common for takeoff...again it depends on a number of factors, as well as the airline and pilot preferences. To say 767's 'always' use full flap for landing is not correct. To say they always use flap 15 for takeoff is also incorrect...I read a confusing comment to that affect in this thread.Happy Landings, and thanks in advance for the taxi light switch.Rob.

What scenery settings did you use?IanB

Hi Ian... A picture is worth a thousand words, so here are my settings. System at home is a 1Ghz AMD with a Geforce3 Ti200 video card, using a microsoft forcefeedback2 joystick,USB pro rudder pedals, and USB Pro throttle asm. With this set up I never have to touch the keyboard while flying, except when a bathroom break is needed....LOL. Still use the old "p" key alot.... Hope this helps.....Cheers for nowYou Gotta love PIC...

Thanks for your settings.I notice that most settings are at the high end of the range. Do you ever get the system locking up?Ian

You're right - landing flaps does not change with wind speed or crosswind. 30 flaps is always used for landing, unless an abnormaility precludes extending them that far. (I had them stick at 20 the other day going into CDG (real airplane, not MSFS) and we just ran throught the procedure and landed that way with the appropriate ref speed increase.)The 767 has a maximum crosswind limit of 29 kts, about average for a transport category airplane.

Captain's....flaps 30 is NOT "always" used for landing. There are airline and/or pilot preferences as well as weather and runway considerations to take into account (GW as well:-)). As I mentioned 4 posts down the thread, Flaps 25 is also quite a common landing flap setting - Flaps 5 for takeoff is also very common. It depends on a lot of factors, but it certainly is INCORRECT to say all 767's always land with full flap (or takeoff with flap 15) unless there is an anomoly.I can tell you of my jumpseat ride CYOW-CYYZ in a 767-200 (ACA Fin604, circa May 2000) GW was (covnerted from metric) about 240,000lb at takeoff with Flap 5, landed with GW of about 227,000lb at Flap 25 - this was NOT an abnormal condition. Maybe HPSOV or Tim'757 can pipe up here and set the record straight. I have also seen some pics of Quantas 767's taking of with Flap 1 ;-)Rob.

Guest KB

I recall Eric saying that SOP in AA was flaps 30 at all times. Might have been some exceptions with regards to runway conditions/wind speed/whatever but flaps 30 almost every landing. So that's how I do it nowadays...;-)Regards,Karl