Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Adding Airport to PIC Database.

Is this possible? Any information most appreciated.Thanks,Bruce.

Yes - you'd have to edit the FS2002/FMCWP/navdata/wpNavAPT.txt file. I have no idea how to interpret this file aside from the names and lat/lon. Chances are, if it's a real world airport you're looking to add, it'll already be in the latest Richard Stefan navdata for PIC, found at www.navdata.at

Thanks, I'll check out the link.This is a real airport, however not in the database. Thanks,Bruce.

Good question!I tried to fly to Victorville in California, where a lot of airplanes are stored after 911 (you can go shopping if you need airplanes ;)): Victorville (KVCV) is not in the PIC navdatabase although it is in FS2002 one! It might be because there is no commercial trafic for Victorville (too close from no-where :-lol)Bien amicalementMichelKSEA

Guest jase439

Both the default database and my database have filters which exclude airports that lack suitable facilities for the 767-300. Considering there are literally thousands of local/private airports - including them all would yield horrific clutter to the display. However, if you have a favorite airport that's not in the database, it's easy to add if you have the data in hand need before starting:You need to add an entry to AIRPORTS.DAT:[pre]Field1: ICAO code (5 characters)Field2: Latitude (10 characters)Field3: Longitude (11 characters)[/pre]IMPORTANT!!! - This database is SORTED BY LATITUDE and YOU MUST add your new entry in the right place, or the FMC may crash or yield erroneous behavior.You then need to add the airport runways to wpNavAPT.txt:[pre]Field1: Description (24 characters)Field2: Airport ICAO (4 characters)Field3: ID (3 characters - you MUST use a 2 digit number followed by L/R/C/T or NOTHING AT ALL. Use preceding zeros!! (i.e. Runway 7R must be entered as 07R)).Field4: Length in Feet (5 characters - use preceding zeros)Field5: Magnetic Heading (3 characters - use preceding zeros)Field6: Threshold Latitude (10 characters)Field7: Threshold Longitude (11 characters)Field8: ILS Frequency (6 characters - format: xxx.xx; use 000.00 to indicate no ILS).Field9: OBS Heading (3 characters - use preceding zeros; use 000 to indicate no ILS)Field10:Field Elevation in Feet (5 characters - use preceding zeros; below sea-level use 00000).[/pre]The length of the line is 74 characters total. Again, if you don't format this correctly or if you fail to SORT THE RUNWAYS BY LATITUDE, the FMC may crash or yield erroneous behavior.Here's an example of a fictitious airport:[pre]JASE'S REGIONAL AIRPORT KJAS09 08000092 42.919289-112.576881109.3009204400JASE'S REGIONAL AIRPORT KJAS27 07800272 42.923115-112.519433000.0000004400Name: Jase's Regional AirportAirport ICAO: KJASRunway #1: Runway 9 Length: 8000' long HDG: 92 degrees Threshold Latitude: 42.919289N Threshold Longitude: 112.56881W ILS Freq: 109.30 ILS OBS: 92 degrees Elevation: 4400 feet MSLRunway #2: Runway 27 Length: 7800 (200' displaced threshold) HDG: 272 degrees Threshold Latitude: 42.923115N Threshold Longitude: 112.519433W ILS Freq: N/A ILS OBS: N/A Elevation: 4400 feet MSL[/pre]NOTE: You only need to add runway entries if you want to takeoff and land at these airports. If you just want them visible on your ND, you just need to modify AIRPORTS.DAT.Good Luck!J

Some very good info.Thanks Jase, for the example too.Bruce.

Guest MB327

The complexity displayed in your example is why my hat is always tipped to you sir. Geezzzzz, and we wonder why you quit updating it every couple of months!Thanks again for the Patch updated data. I use it every day.