Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Corrupted SIDs/STARs (?)

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hello 76(7) lovers...I had another strange FS crash yesterday that confirmed that some STARs may be causing crashes to FS for some strange reason.I had planned a flight from LGTS to LGRP. I had no SIDs for LGTS so departure would be flown manually. My last waypoint for the route was ASIMI, which would also be the first waypoint in the STAR.I went to the DEP/ARR page to insert the STAR for LGRP. I select rwy 25, as was in use at that time, and then ASIM1C as the arrival. Once I select the ASIM1C and without any other warning FS produced the usual error... "We are very sorry that you want to fly, but we can't let you do that. Go to sleep or do something else!"Same happens everytime I try to select any IRAxx STAR into LGIR!I know it has been discussed before but I don't recall having resolved this issue.Anyone has any ideas why this may be happening ?If it's the case that the SID or STAR is corrupted or wrongly programmed, how can we edit it?Any help appreciated.Thanks, and... Fly safe!George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

I had the same problems George, though NOT at LGRP.I have no idea WHY it was happening, but the error screen did mention 767FMC. So, after careful consideration, I deleted ALL the SIDS & STAR info, and have begun the task of downloading INDIVIDUAL packages on a needs basis. When I NEED it, I d/l it. Though I'm getting awfully fond of manually entering the info... :)Regardless, the program is steady as a rock now.There are several sites to download individual packages...http://www.seaartcc.org/767pic/http://www.navdata.at/Hope this helps.DS

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Guest jkramer51

There are a few bad STARs on the seaartcc page. What you have to do is open up the stars files and make sure there is a "," at the end of each line. I know the KDFW STARs are that way. I went in and added the "," now they worked. I can't remember how many I've had to change, but there is quit a few. The guy who makes the editor for making or editing dps/stars doesn't know how they could have been created without the ",".John

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Great tip...I'll try it and see what goes... if this is the case, the cure is easy!Thanks for your help!George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas