Sign in to follow this  

ILS 4R Boston w/VFR/LANDING panel

Just a few more pics you might enjoy!Regards,Philps Thank you Lee, your muting program worked wonderfully... I have deleted it from my hard-drive.

Nice Shots! :)I want that view now.. purty please. Julian

Just out of curiosity, have you had any problems with the landing gear while using your VFR panel?I made one similar to the one above and for some reason after takeoff I cannot retract the landing gear. I know it has to do with the VFR view because when I use an old version of the panel the gear retracts just fine.Any ideas?-Dave

Guest ilh

Me too. Sometimes I have landing gear trouble and sometimes not. I haven't figured out what causes it.Phil, what KBOS scenery is that?Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest WorkingStiff

Are those runway lights from FS Sky World?

IMC at 400ft? What kind of VFR is that ;-)

"... what KBOS scenery is that?"I was wondering about that too Lee! :)I guess the landing gear bug is a universal problem, and one of the reasons I don't use our VFR view. After 3 different times on VATSIM when I had to ask the controller to let me stay under 270kts until I got things sorted out, I decided that it was time to stop using the customized panel. :)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Well I did some debugging and here's what I figured out.The problem gauge is B767WAfds!MCP.Now, solving the problem is not as easy as just removing that gauge from the VFR view as it is required by a lot of the other gauges and will cause MSFS to crash if you take it out.Here are the gauges you can still have in the VFR view without B767WAfds!MCP[ul][li]B767Wairspeed[li]B767Waltimeter[li]B767Weadi[li]B767Wlight[/ul]The overall impact on the VFR view is minimal as far as I'm concerned. It's looks a little strange without the Radar Altimeter and Autopilot, but if you replace those areas with screenshot mockups, it looks great.Hope this helps.-D

Hey Everyone...Thanks for all your comments! I guess I'll do a few replies, etc...1. Lee, the scenery is "Boston Logan International 2000 Public Beta 3" by Corey Leigh... loganb3.zip can be found at flightsim.com2. I know an autoland ILS is not what you'd expect to fly with a "VFR" panel (hence why I call it a VFR/LANDING view). I believe you need the most visibility you can get when you break out of the clouds... I believe this view gives you a little of the best of both worlds.3. The landing gear problem is an interesting one. the 767afds* gagues are keeping me from being able to use panel lighting. I know how horrible it is to have "dummy" buttons on the panel, so I'm hesitant about getting rid of it. By the time your established on final, and would use this view, you've already lowered your gear. In addition, I simply switch quickly to my main panel to raise the gear on takeoff... (I think this is realistic because in the real aircraft you'd have to look away from your outside view to access the gear lever). I'm still debating this issue...4. The lights are indeed an add-on from FSW... (www.simflight.com/fsw), however, they are seperate from FS Sky World. In real life, runway lights have a yellowish/orangish tint. I think these make they experience more realistic.5. I'm trying to get permission on releasing the panel bitmap, but since this is a group project, who can I contact regarding this? I know the VFR view released months ago had to get permission... Any ideas anyone?6. I'll be releasing some more screenshots soon. Thanks for all your patience!Regards,Phil Geddes

>I guess the landing gear bug is a universal problem, and one >of the reasons I don't use our VFR view. I never had the problem with the landing gear. Now I couldn't live without Lee's "VFR view" (I use it heavily in IFR too).Michael J.