Sign in to follow this  
nudata

FSUIPC joystick settings

Hi all,In FSUIPC i use the value settings for every axis of my controllers. I have a CH USB yoke and CH pro pedals (gameport). Through some tricks i have enbled toebreaks on the pedals, as was described in thsi forum a few months ago. The pedals are connected to USB through an adapter.Problem is that my toe-brake settings always default to 512 in FSUPIC when i start up FS2k2. My values are much lower (60-64) so i have to change them every time i start up Fs2k2. I've read here before that i can fix the settings with "locked=1" in one of the CFG-files. I think it's FS2002.CFG, but anyway, i tried that back then but it didn't work. Any suggestions ?Thanx,Cas

Cas,Which field of FSUIPC (with the 512) are you referring to ??Because if you SET the MIN and MAX value for the Left and Right brakes in FSUIPC, FSUIPC will save these new values in modulesfsuipc.iniNow, if you don't click SET again, FSUIPC won't change them.After you make a change with SET button, exit FS2K2 and observe the values in the fsuipc.ini file (at the bottom).And make sure that fsuipc.ini is not read-only !!.The SET values used by FSUIPC are NOT influenced/changed FS2K2 (so not protected by the "locked=1" statement).Rob

Rob,Thanx for putting me on the right track. This is what happens:I set the values in the joystick dialog (page 2) and exit FS. When opening FSUIPC.INI (in modules) the right values are there. When i start FS again the 512-values are back in the dialog AND in the ini file. Any clues ?Thanx,Cas

I have a similar problem but with the throttle.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Cas,Does it happen for all the axis settings ?Do you use the latest (2.87) version of fsuipc ?Did you read the note on Peter Dowson's page about the first (incompatible) FS2K2 version ? (something aboput build numbers)What you could try:Rename fsuipc.ini to something else, and start FS2K2 again.FSUIPC will build a new fsuipc.ini.Now try to make a modification and see if that sticks.If still not OK, send Peter Dowson an Email describing the problem as best and complete as you can. Maybe he can help you (he's a very helpfull persons if you have a legitimate problem).And another thing you can try:Rename your fs2002.cfg to something else.Start FS2K2, and it will build a new FS2002.cfg file.You might have to change you axis assigments (if it's not the default) under Menu-COntrols-Assigments.If it works OK now, than something/somewhere did screw up your old fs2002.cfg file.Rob

While FSUIPC "corrected" the problem by configuring from FS reload always resulted in an odd value for the throttle. Disabling FSUIPC.DLL showed it was not the issue. I messed with configs (device & fs2002) but no good. The deleted fs2002.cfg and allowed fs to regenerate a new one. Problem solved. Obvioulsy any tweaks you have applied to the cfg will be lost. Only the "old modules" addition was relative for me.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Rob,thanx again. Will give it a try and come back with results. Great to have people out there who can help. Cas.

Rob and Dick,Just tried rebuilding the FS2002.cfg and it's really working right now. Had to reassign the axis'for the pedals but after that everything works as it should. I will print out the old cfg and compare it to the new one. In case some settings should be copied AND to maybe find out what caused al this. Thanx again for helping me guys.Cas.

Hi Cas,Glad it's solved.What you will probably find when comparing the cfg files, is that the old one contains more "Joystick_main" sections than the new one. Somewhere alone the line FS screwed up; you probably started once with an inactive joystick, or whatever. The assignment functon of FS2K2 (where it automatically adds controllers when found) is not very robust .If you have a proper working system: add the "locked=1" section to each "Joystick_......" section. This will prevent FS2K2 from making any changes itself.Note however, that than it's also not possible to make a change via the Menu-Controls_Assignment function. But why should you once its working :-) ??Cheers, Rob