Sign in to follow this  

pic 767

Hi all. I love the pic panel so much that i use it on my dc-10s. Its functions are close to the real dc-10 so i use it. But the only problem i have is this. On the real dc-10 we normally use 35% flaps for normal landings.50% on short or contaminated runways. If i do this in pic i get the gpws flap warning. Is there a way to tweak pic to recognize 35% laps like the one on the 10?

Guest sidewinder

767 PIC Panel in a DC-10 LOLA DC-10 has 3 engines a 767 has 2flight specs are totally differentSystems are totally different

Well mr sidewinder its like this. When i use the pic panel im using it for the functional aspects which are similar. 767 flt level change = ias hold in a dc10. Basicly the same function but different names.Both will maintain speed by varying pitch. The autopilots function the same. In the 10 if you dail in an altitude and crack the vert wheel or pull the alt knob the ap will capture it. They both have fmc(767)/fms(dc10) that function the same. They both have internal navigation system lru(767)/inu(10) that function the same. One thing the 10 could do that the 767 on pic couldnt do is track the radial of a nav aid with the autopilot. The 10 i fly also has the control will steering(cws)function of the autopilot which is basicaly autotrim. They both have enhanced gpws that say and do the same thing. See an instrument panel just gives you information on what the plane is doing. If i only see 2 engines on my panel on flightsim i could only expect the third engine to act the same as the other 2 i see. Since i dont have three seperate throttle controls i dont mind not seeing the instrumentation of the third engine. Pic only showS the wing engines anyway. So even if i lost an engine i quickly know if its a critical engine or not since in real life the #2 engine just affects pitch.As far as engines goes the 10 and 767 do share the same good old cf6 in most cases. Right now my company is having our 10s and simulators upgraded to comply with gatm(global air traffic management. This will give us complete glass. My 10 also has the glass ehsi and tcas vvi. The very same tcas used by many different aircraft. Alot of manufactors make their parts versitile. You could pull a crt from one type plane and throw it in another. Its the software that will tell the crt how many engines to display or what to display. Instrument panel dont change the way a plane handle or feel. Though most things between planes are not exact they are the same and provide the same function. A flight director is a flight director. Trim is trim. Just remember...If on your plane they call it a squat switch and on mine its a touchdown relay...they are still the same just different names..Hydraulics move flight controls and gear. Airspeed indicator will show the approach speed of a 767 at 135kts the same as it would indicate a dc10 at 140kts. I can assure you that though im qualified in the dc10 i could still operate a airbus 320 given a minute to look over its cockpit......rich

O by the way could someone answer my original question. Yes i know the flap guage wont indicate exact but i know where they are because i know the flap positions in the cfg file of my 10. I just want the flap warning off when i use 35%. Also sidewinder there are no better 10 panels and im in love with the 767 vfr view. Its realistic..

I can't help you getting the PIC panel to work with a three holer, but the DC-10 forum is anxiously awaiting the answer to this query.The DC-10 forum is at... uhhh, damn, where did I put that link?Doesn't exist, BUT...It looks like we're up to NUMBER 22 for the LIST OF THINGS WE LIKE TO SEE ADDED TO THE PIC767:22. Turn the PIC767 into a DC-10!DS CVA3339 / UKD149http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

>I can assure you>that though im qualified in the dc10 i could still operate a>airbus 320 given a minute to look over its cockpitI can do the same with my Plymouth Voyager and a Dodge Caravan.DS CVA3339 / UKD149http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Guest Murf

Daryl,I'd like to thank you for your help in getting the PIC panel working in my C172, however, I seem to be having a problem merging it with my glider..... seeing as it has no engines and all.....Any help would be appreciated! :-)

NP Murf - some modifications are needed, but I'm sure you can handle these simple instructions:1. REINFORCE the glider with about 200,000 lbs of virtual steel.2. EDIT the STEEL to look like steel tubing.3. CHANGE aircraft.cfg to read "glider_add-on.cfg"4. RESTART FS20025. CHOOSE Glider6. GOOD LUCKDS CVA3339 / UKD149http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

LVLDF1.gif

Guest Murf

Daryl,As always your posts are very helpful, but I'm still a little confused. I'm still having problems integrating the hydraulic functions of the panel into the glider flight model. Also, the throttle quadrant doesn't seem to work as the glider is producing no thrust even with full throttle.One other thing.... I am having trouble entering the glider's zero fuel weight in the FMC. It seems slightly lighter than the B763.So many questions.....Great panel though. I have a model of one of the "Follow Me" vehicles that I would like to try the PIC panel with next.:-lol

Trial and error is all I can suggest buddy.Hydraulics are a mess aren't they? All that messy oil. Maybe some plastic sheeting wrapped around the steel tubing?The panel will work, with modifications.The ZFW of the glider is approximately 145 lbs, so if the 767 is 245,000 lbs, you just have to round up the value by 244,865 lbs for it to work with the glider. Not sure about kg - maybe rich can help with that - or spiffy.I modified my Voyager to work with the PIC panel, so I can't see why your "Follow me" vehicle wouldn't work.DS CVA3339 / UKD149http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

LVLDF1.gif

Guest Ian_Riddell

"I can do the same with my Plymouth Voyager and a Dodge Caravan."A few more replies like this and the "Ponsky" thread could have some serious competition :-lol All we need now is some serious comments from Ferd B. ;-)Chrs.I. P.S. Er.... Anyone seen my PIC lawnmower adaptor instruction booklet?

If you enjoy the PIC aircraft wait until you get your hands on what I am testing!!!!! Can you guess which one it is??? Hehe[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]Are You Ready For The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is almost here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest Lenny Zaman

YOU TEASE :(

With the advent of add-ons for flightsim its very easy to forget about the past. I remember when the 737 panel on fs98 was all you had. You flew alot of heavies with it. Even with fs2000 you were able to upgrade to the 777 panel. I guess its the same with people who make progress in their lives and forget where they came from. Though im a 10 guy now, im still a c-141b guy at heart. That was best heavy that i flew in the airforce.

If it's only the audible warning that annoys you, try replacing the WAV that contains that warning sound with a silent WAV file. Note that this would also disable the warning sound for when you're flying the 767. No idea how you'd switch off the warnings in the display, though. Alternatively, can't the GPWS be put into override (ignore) anyway?-Florian