Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Excellent Uptime At AVSIM

Given the spate of downtime at some other sites that I visit I felt that a complement to the professionalisim of thr AVSIM staff was in order. It seems that much of the downtime on other sites occurs due to locating on low cost/free ISPs who have very poor records for system maintenance and software selection/adjustment. They also usually cram dozens of sites into one T1 to the Internet or a T1 that goes to another larger ISP where further cramming takes place. The software chosen and maintained by the site is often of a low quality and is reflected in reaction to loads or changes. The result is excessive outages that, while the site offers benefit and is free, eventually makes more of an annoyance.I run a hosting center and while the initial ISP of AVSIM was shaky they have taken steps that make this site the equal of the top commercial sites on the Internet. This is neither cheap or easy and we should all appreciate the effort. Downtime and poor performance are becoming a rare occurance on AVSIM !!Dick:-shy

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA