Sign in to follow this  

Roger Wilco Static

I am having problems using RW with SB and MSFS 2002. I can transmit fie as long as I have Flight Sim paused or have "task switched" out of the program. If I attempt to transmit while Flight Sim is running, I get a horrible squelch or static noise. Any ideas? Please e-mail your responses to mike1mc@yahoo.comThanks for your help in advance!!Mike McCullough

Mike, I seem to be having the same problem. FS2000 allows you to type messages and change controller frequencies in the ATC directory, while flying and in full control of the aircraft; whereas in FS2002 I haven't yet worked out a way to replicate that FS2000 facility.I have, of course, un-checked the "pause on task switch" box in Options - Settings but to no avail. If I want to 'un-pause'the flight, the SB window is automatically minimized; if I maximize the SB window to communicate with ATC, the flight is automatically paused.This is a crippling deficiency of realism and regretfully rules out - for me, at least, - an otherwise attractive FS programme for on-line flying.It may be, of course, that there is some simple remedy. I would be very grateful, if any reader happens to know what it is.Anyway, if you have been, thanks for reading.Peter Preston

Glad to see I'm not alone! I have unchecked the pause on task switch, just to keep things moving. I have also reconfigured Roger Wilco several times trying different settings (Full Duplex, WAV recording, etc.) but to no avail. The need to pause the program is just annoying and I would love to transmit to ATC and fly at the same time (what a concept). Thanks!Mike McCullough

Do you have the SBhost.zip for FS2002 and SB? You can download it from AvSim, and that should fix your problem. I thought it may help with my Roger Wilco problem, but I still have to pause MSFS in order to transmit without gettign thta horrible static noise. Anyone know if maybe this has to do with speaker and/or mic levels. I think I've tried everything!Mike McCulloughmike1mc@yahoo.com

Guest andrewluck

MikeMost likely thing that I can think of that would cause this would be Sound card drivers. Have you checked for a different version.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

I have FS2002, SB, RW and SB Host and able to transmit without any problems on RW while FS2002 flies along happily...I have not a single problem. Bet it is your soundcard that causes it. I have the latest sound card from Creative, SB Live 5.1.

Eric