Sign in to follow this  

Help, can't get SB working in FS2002

I just installed FS2002 and tried running Squawkbox. Once I ran it, it came up with the question do I want multiplayer or not. Once I selected no multiplayer it went away. I brough up FS2002 but nothing. I thought maybe their was something wrong with my Squawkbox so I decided to re-download it from Vatsim. I installed it and tried again but still, no luck!I then completely un-installed Squawkbox, cleaned it out and decided to completely fresh re-install it. I thgouht the version from Vatsim was the full version and didn't require any previous, but still not working. Now, squawkbox was working with FS2k but now its not working at all. Can someone help? I was looking for the full Squawkbox version to try and download and upgrade but nothing.Please help!Thanks

I have spent the last week getting Squawkbox to run in conjunction with Roger Wilco and VATSIM -- so I am now a real "expert"!!! :)Firstly, download a version of Squawkbox which is said to be version 2.3.5 for FS2002 . After you have installed the programme , go into the Squawkbox folder and RIGHT CLICK on SQUAWKBOX.EXE - a pop up box with "Properties " will appear - select properties and check to see that it says 2.3.5.Also inside the folder is a readme.txt type file with fairly simple instructions on how to use Squawkbox with VATSIM.The reason you have your problem is that you MUST start up FS2002 , then start a multiplayer game from inside FS2002 FIRST and then start SQUAWKBOX . You must be online to startup the multiplayer game and SQUAWKBOX - but you can do your initial startup of FS2002 and aircraft/airport selection offline.Barry

Thanks for the help! I think I got it now.Happy Simming!