Sign in to follow this  
Guest ruzzoboy

NEW problem with SQuawkbox, or internet connection

Guest ruzzoboy

Hello, I've been on vatsim for about 3 years now, and using squawkbox without a problem. However recently, anfter taking a few months off from flightsiming, I got back into it. I reinstalled all the software, cleaned up my system, and loaded everything up. Now I'm having MAJOR problems with online flying. My regular DSL internet connection works fine, but when connected to SQUAWKBOX, I have trouble. The initial connection works great, I get connected, use sbhost (with FS2002) and load the main squawkbox exe. At the gate I see other traffic, I can call up an atc, everything seems great. But after a while, I lose the connection, or all of a sudden the atclist dissapears and it seems as if I'm alone. Then I try to reconnect and the internet connection hangs. I did a test and went to my browser, it too hangs, it can't get a website. If I close sqbox, everthing returns to normal. It so strange that this problem all of a sudden shows up. Can it be my internet connection? settings? My specs are:WINDOWS XP1gig ramP4 3.0 htfs2002 (same results with 2004)AVC (advanced voice client) Also with AVC, it always disconnects from the vatsim authentication server. very odd, PLEASE HELP... I need to fly again.Paul

Paul,Basic fault findinf excercise, what have you changed, or what has changed since you last flew on VATSIM without a problem?I would suggest turning off, just for a test period, the Internet firewall built into XP, it can cause problems.Happy hunting :-)

Guest ruzzoboy

I thank you for the reply.Unfortunatly the firewall has already been disabled. I really have not changed a thing since my last succesful flights on vatsim. I'm hoping sb 3.0 will solve this issue but I'm dying to fly right now. I've tried re installing again all the software, with no luck, meaning this must be an internet conection problem, but as I mentioned before, I can surf the net for hours without a prob.Thanks for your interest, and please stay in touch with any other suggestions.Paul

Guest sururi

Hi Paul,I have been trying to be a new online pilot.I have the same problem with you. I have rewieved alot of forums, first time i found the same problem excatly like mine.I have winme, fs9, laptop, sis 630/730 display hardware, no firewall,dial conn is mine and unwill V/90 modem.I have many time reinstalled FSUIPC, squawkbox, sb relay, AVC, hostsb dll, tried w/ sbox sbhost exe too.Squawkbox 2.3.5sb relay 1.2FSUIPC 3.125 (registered w/ key of Squawkbox)I tried to find out if there is enuf memory remains for those. Resource meter shows I have at the beginning 55% later decreases to 45%.I have checked out if port problem but I m not advanced at this subject. I have checked my system , everything is fine. no problem w/o sbox.I wonder If there cld be any modem confilict.Hope we can solve the problem soon.Good luck.Sururiin may send my e mail to u if no restriction.

Guest Matt c

I am in a similar boat as the original author. I have just changed internet packages (from a 1p/min to unlimited use) and now when I log on it dumps me off after a short while and says it is unable to reconnect, line busy ! (I am a onetel customer) I have been using Swkbox for years and this is the first problem encountered. ANY help greatfuly recieved! It is not the internet connection as it works ok when not flying online. Thanks Matt C Speedbird 8612

Guest cmar

Hi people,I have problem with squawkbox and connect online ... starting SBrelay, FS9, SBhost, squawkbox ... search session i can see sesion SBrelay... and after JOIN while 5-6 seconds .. directpalay unable to connect ... If i push cancen to the squawkbox .. he is going GET TO THE ACTION, but i cant see other aircraft.W2000Directplay 9bFSUIPC 3.2xxSBrelay last versionSbhost last version too .. if i use hosts.dll squawkbox crash

Guest cmar

Hi people .. i have solution about my problem, .. i disabled plug and play function on my DSL modem.Now i am online again :))

Guest Matt c

I am still having the same problem with Swkbx. It works ok in FS2000 why has it stopped working in FS2002 ? have ruled out the internet connection so its a Swkbx problem. Have turned off the firewall etc but still it dumps me off after 5 secs no mater what aircraft I am in. One suggestion was to make sure the dynamic scenery is turned off, but still no help ! ANY help greatfully recieved. MpC :-(