Sign in to follow this  
Guest steve james

corrupt fms

HiPlease could somebody help a newbie please, problem driving me nuts! I am running FS2K2 on WIN XP, with SB... Program opens ok but when I click to open the fms it opens but will not re-size and half of it is missing, right hand side column of buttons missing. I have uninstalled both sb and sbhost.dll several times and tried a system restore, but it wont fix. Problem is made worse by the fact that it is making fs hang after a few minutes. Any troubleshooting suggestions greatly appreciated, also would like to know if anybody knows if SB installs files elsewhere other than in the sb directory. MTIA Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

IIRC Steve it is to do with the desktop font size.Right click on your desktop, select properties ->General and make sure the Font size is 'normal'.There may even be something about it in the SB docs as the last time I remember having the problem was years ago when 2.3.4 was under test :-)HTH

This is covered in the FAQ - check Vatsim and follow SB links. You simply need to delete the FMS and EFIS sections in your SB.ini file (in your Windows folder). On next start up SB will reset these to default positions which will let you see all, move and size them.I've just had the same problem myself that's why I know this answerbf

bfthanks for the info, I have the problem sorted but will keep this info just incase. I did try to find this sb faq, can't find a link on vatsim.net ?RegardsSteve