Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hernan Le Pera

New user requesting help with SB and FSUIPC

Hi to all!Yesterday I tried to do my first flight in VATSIM. Here's what happened: Apparently I got connected OK (it said connected). I was able to file the flight plan I loaded in SB (said flight plan send). Requested ATIS at KMIA. A controler (whose freq. was XXX-XXX) sent me ATIS. I requested IFR clearance and a blue message appeared in SB saying to read the README file. From there on, I received nothing else from ATC. I've felt I was just close to get the thing running . . .!I've downloaded the SB from the VATSIM downloads. I've downloaded FSUIPC (apparently the one that works with all FSs). NOTES: I did not register the FSUIPC (I have no Key Code). So, if someone could help me:MY SYSTEM: Pentium IV, 512 RAM, Cable Modem Connection, Firewall Zone Allarm, FS2000 (Pro Edition) (NOTE: I have very little knowledge about PC's technical things).1. What might have been the problem?2. Do I need to regiter the PSUIPC? Where do I get the Key Code?3. What else do I need to install besides SB and PSUIPC to get the thing running? (just the basics, I'll complicated as I go along)4. How do I run the SB (so far I've been clicking in the execute file from Windows Explorer)?I'd appreciate any help with these and any tips you my find useful.Hern

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!