Sign in to follow this  
Guest dukefs9

WSAETIMEDOUT probs

Hi all!I've been using VATSIM and Squawkbox with FS9 for about 4 months now with no problems, but about a week ago I started not being able to connect. I would start SBRelay, then FS9, and then open my multi session and flightplan. Then i would open SB Host in FS9, not SB Host.exe. I would then open squawkbox.exe and connect to that, and then connect in SB Host in FS9. This always worked, but now SBRelay removes me after a few seconds of being connected. So when i attempt to connect to VATSIM i get WSAETIMEDOUT. Im not sure whats wrong and tried reinstalling Squawkbox but it did not help. I would appreciate any help or advice.Rune Duke

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Rune,Try connecting to a different VATSIM server. The WSAETIMEDOUT message is a Windows message telling you the connection could not be established.Mike

I have been having the same problems as Mr. Duke. For a a couple of years I have never had any problems with connecting to SB. Then a couple of months ago I noticed that only one or two servers worked for me. That was fine - It still worked. (By the way the only servers that let me connect were ASIA-S and Brazil). About a month ago, Brazil started refusing me. And then as of today ASIA won't let me connect. No server will let me connect to SB. Was there some kind of password or user name change that I missed from VATSIM? What is going on? Also - I tried to download a newer version of SB - if one exist - and the link from the SB site is bad. I also recieved the same result with the "download newest version of squawkbox" from the options menu. By the way I have version 2.3 . - Please help.-Eric