Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Need help with FS2002, SB v.2.3.5 and Windows XP Home

Hello all. Here is the problem I am having. I go through all the steps like normal. I have a cable modem so I am always on the internet, turned off Norton's firewall and XP's firewall, start a MP session, launch SB Host from the modules directory then minimize. I then start SB Main Program.exe, type in my player name in the box that pops up with TCP/IP highlighted, click start search, then type in 127.0.0.1 and press OK, I highlight the session and click Join. Then SB crashes everytime. Says there was an error with SB Main Program.exe. I have version 2.3.5 for Fs2002. Now here is where it gets strange. I keep the FS multiplayer session open and connected, then if I click on SB Main Program.exe again and go through the same steps from that point of the process on, it connects no problem. I then go into the FS2002 Multiplayer menu and see that I have 3 total players in the session. I remove the second one as that is the one from when it failed to connect and from that point on, I am good to go. I have just started with this SB online stuff and I have not had a chance to connect to VATSIM yet as it took all day to get this far. Does anyone know why it is doing this? Oh, I try using 16 and 10 players and get the same results. Also when using SB Host, it says not to use the chat scroll fixes. How does it work for the chat scroll when using this SB Host? When I hit the enter key to bring up the chat scroll window, I lose the TCAS window if I have that visible. Are we not supposed to use the FS Chat scroll window when using SB Host? Can I intitiate the autochat scroll.exe from the main SB folder after starting SB Host or does it mess it up. sorry for so many questions but I really want to get flying in the online envrioment.Eric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

EricThere is a very good tutorial at www.vatsim.net calles "Getting started" Following the instructions there should get you under way.This is what I do:-1) Start FS2002 MP session, type in player name, click "host". On next screen make max pilots "16" and click "OK"2) start up SB Host from modules3) start SB main programme, On first page either put player name or leave as "squawkbox", choose "TCP/IP connection", click "OK" Click "start search", when you get the other box, saying "locate session" don't type anything in, just leave blank and press ok, (Don't type in that ip address 127.0.0.1) you should then see a box come up with your session name in there, just "Join". 4) When main SB screen comes up, click on "click here to get into the action".Thats it, your in, Right click on black box area and from the drop down menu, select "ATC functions" and "Change Callsign" Enter the callsign you are going to use. I usually create a FP in FSNAV and export to SB so next I click on "FMS functions" and select "Open flight Plan" Pick the flight plan from the list and click "open"When the FP opens, enter requested FL and select your aircraft from the drop down list. Click OK. You should see a message scroll saying "Flight plan sent5) From menu again, select "Connect" and connect from the following screen.6) from the menu select "resend flight plan" You are then ready to contact an ATC facility from the menu and "ATC directory". Then off you go.Hope the above is clear to you.regards Tim