Sign in to follow this  

Getting started

Well I finally signed up for vatsim, loaded SB and Roger Wilco. I received my account info and read the instructions. Noew my problem, when I try to log on to a standard server such as USA2 it tells me my Call sign or password is incorrect. If I use Server Info and track down available servers and manually enter an IP address I can log into a "Private" server. What is a "private" server and why can't I log into a standard server? The private servers seem to have less offerings, I am interested in flying in the New England. I am running XP and Roger Wilco works when I can get a server, I tested it with a controller. Also what is prper protocol for a student pilot, just announce myself to the controller? I don't want to ruin others flights.....Thanks

Can't help with the first bit but..>Also what is prper protocol for a student pilot,....;) Hope this helps and be prepared to become addicted :-lol