Sign in to follow this  

NEWS: VATSIM FEATURED IN WIRED MAGAZINE

VATSIM is pleased to announce that Wired Magazine, in its March 2003 edition, has published an in-depth feature on VATSIM. This article was written by John Galvin and is the culmination of a series of in-person interviews he conducted with Harvey Stein in London, Ontario, Canada in early October of 2002. The article discusses the history of VATSIM and details an online flight taken by Harv and George Marinakis from takeoff in Montreal to landing in Wichita, Kansas. This flight featured ATC provided by both Canadian and United States controllers.Wired also conducted a photo shoot featuring Harv and members of VATCAN which is included in the article. Wired Magazine is an international monthly publication with total sales in excess of one-million issues each month and with a subscription base in excess of one-half million readers. The magazine is currently on the newstands.--Chris DoyleVP - Communications (VATGOV7)VATSIMchris@vatsim.nethttp://vatsim.net

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is this the article titled "Always a Dull Moment"? I hope this exposure helps rather than hurts! :-doh

Picked it up last night. One regret though.Wish it was another 2 or 3 pages longer. Other than that, great article.

It wasn't a really bad story, although I agree a little more info would have been nice. The title definitely turned me off. "Always a Dull Moment" is a little unfair, I think, conveying the authors own bias instead of letting the subject be judged on it's own merits. If you weren't into FS before reading the article, I think the title alone assured the casual reader that they didn't want anything to do with it.