Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gordon

newbie to vatsim

Guest Gordon

hi guys,Im new to vatsim and i need a little help. I have downlaoded all the necisary software and installed it, althought i seem to be somewhat confused as in how i should connect it all up to vatsim. My biggest problem that i seem to have is with squawkbox. I wont connect at all. Ive read all the way throught the documentation and tutorials on how to set vatsim up but it just dont seem to be working. Can someone please tell me how to get each application up and running and how to get my flight sim connected to the server. I'm an experianced simmer and just being very frustrated. lol.Gordon :-zhelp

Without more info, I'm not sure if this is the problem, but try this. If you haven't already, go download ServInfo. Run it and click on File:Export ip addr. Export the ip address list to your Squawkbox folder and that will assure you that you have the most current server list. It may be that you are trying now to connect to a server that is no longer online. If that doesn't work, post again and we'll work on it.KP

Guest Gordon

Ok, first thing, when i read through everything i noticed it isn't your usual multiplayer. Problem #1- How do you connect to the server. Never Mind Squawkbox and Rodger Wilco. Problem #2-What is squawkbox and Rodger Wilco and how do i use them. Gordon