Sign in to follow this  
BobK

How Does VATSIM "Certify" A VA???

I was just wondering, becuase it seems that VATSIM has recently certified "Meridian Virtual" (http://www.meridianvirtual.tk/), which seems to be a fake VA, which was created just to annoy the REAL Meridian Airlines (VA). If you visit their site, you'll see there is no flight schedule, no way to contact management, and any form you try to submit takes you to "their" download page, which was stolen from, and linked directly to OUR site. Since the "join" form doesn't even work, I'd think that the roster of pilots is fake too. I was just wondering how VATSIM went about this "certification", and why it didn't seem strange to anyone that there was a new VA using a name that has already been established?Would someone PLEASE remove the link to this "joke" from your site? I'd also appreciate any contact info that you can provide, as we plan to take action against all involved.

BobK

Unfortunatly -VATSIM doesn't stop someone from making a duplicate or near duplicate airline. Hence we have several Delta, American, Southwest, well - you get the idea.If they allow it for "real" airlines, why wouldn't they for "made-up" ones?Not calling yours any less than a real airline, rather saying it "enjoys" the same privlages as a "real" oneRichard GreenVATSIM Controller - former AF DRIVER and all around nice guy http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

What I mean is, it seems to be a FAKE VA. None of the forms work (even to join) and there is no way to contact anyone. How closely does anyone look at a website when they apply for certification? Do all of those pilots they have listed actually fly on VATSIM, or did they just submit a bunch of names?And they weren't just using the same name, tbey had linked to our fleet downlods. If it was only the name, that would be one thing, but they stole web pages and a logo off our site, and used it on the link on the VATSIM site.

BobK

I was advised to contact Nate Johns and/or Robert Phillips. I sent an e-Mail to both. Neither has responded to me, but they HAVE removed both the imposter "Meridian", and us from the list of "certified" VA's. I guess they just decided to dump us both. Oh, well. Thanks for the help guys. I'm really impressed.

BobK

Guest MB327

"Thanks for the help guys. I'm really impressed."You post a problem and then insult the people who you ask to sort it out because they have not done so in 2 days. This is not exactly how one would go about winning friends and influencing people.Relax just a bit here Bob. I contacted Rob Phillips as soon as I saw your initial post. He got back to me right away. Rob Phillips and Nate Johns are looking into this. Both are very busy with real world concerns till later this week. Give them a chance to do a fair and proper analysis of this situation. This will not slide and your assumption of being dumped because "the list" is being sorted out is not correct.

Guest LPD4005

In reference to this problem, again it is being looked into... by Mr. Johns and myself. Once we have completed our investigation we shall advise you and the other interested party of our resolution, until then both have been temporarily removed from the VA partners listings. As for how VATSIM determines who is listed on the VA Partners listings, below is the requirment as it currently stands however, that will soon be changed by my office to a slightly higher standard in the near future...=============================All airlines listed in the VATSIM database must meet seven (7) basic requirements: (1) The airline management supports VATSIM and encourages their pilots to use SquawkBox for flying on the VATSIM network.(2) Many of thier pilots regularly fly online, giving the airline a presence on the VATSIM network.(3) The airline must have been in existence for at least three months.(4) Each airline has 10 or more pilots with a verified VATSIM PID/CID, listed in an easy to find roster or rosters (if hub based), who fly actively on the VATSIM Network.(5) Each airline displays a VATSIM logo, with link, on their website homepage, preferably in a conspicuous location. Get logos here.(6) No VA website will attempt to install or alter any software on a client user's system.(7) All VAs must maintain an active email address in which they can be reached.*ALSO NOTE* A) VA's, when applying for partnership, must include all the requested information from above to help the application be processed promptly. To apply for affiliation, use the form below.:( An airline may be removed from the database at any time for any reason. Reasons may include, but are not limited to: Dead links, bad email addresses, continuous misbehavior by pilots on the network, or lack of following the above stated affiliation requirements.================================Robert PhillipsV.P. SPEC. OPS.VATSIM Special Operations Administration