Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

From Bad to Worse! Need help with Squawkbox/Vatsim!

1. Running two hard drives, had a crash on my secondary.Felt it was time to clean house and start over.2. Fdisk and reformat on secondary drive "D".3. Decided to make my new arrangement to have everything (POSSIBLE) related to FS2002 (soon to be FS2004?) on my secondary drive D. Previously, I had tried to have WinXP and FS2002 on the primary ("C") and everything else on drive D.)3. Reinstalled everything applicable, including FS2002 to Drive D.4. Copied or edited everything applicable from my previous FS2002 installation on Drive C to my new installation on drive D (Aircraft, scenery, etc.). 5. Also moved Squawkbox from Drive C program files to Drive D Program files.6. Everything checked out very well - UNTIL:7. Tried my first Vatsim flight since my upset and reinstallation.Everything went well including regnition of my FSNAV originated flight plans until I tried to "connect". I got the old "the attempt to connect was forcefully rejected" error message.8. Before I even searched for a solution, I thought my best bet was to just make a fresh installation of squawkbox. I downloaded a fresh file, and proceeded to make the installation.9. Same thing, except now, when I get to the "Join Session" Box and search, it searches forever without ever finding my flight plans. I have tried reinstalling on drive C several times, tried my old Squawk box file (which I saved) on both drive program files, and about everything else I can think of, and it still never finds my flight plans (both old, or newly originated and saved to squawkbox from FSNAV. (The XXXX-YYYY.sbp flight plans do show up in my Squawkbox folder.) I get the same results whether I just click "ok" or I enter "127.0.0.1" (which I have always had to do in the past.)10. I went ahead and canceled the "Join Session" box and continued. I had the same "forcefully rejected" message when I tried to connect. Thanks to the posts on this forum, I determined that my server address was faulty, and after a correct entry, that error message went away. 11. Now after I enter my Id and password, along with the proper data for my flight plan, and click ok, Roger Wilco comes up ok with the appropriate frequency, but after just a few moments I get a time out error message. (assumed to be because I never really joined in the "join session" box.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Note: In Serveinfo, I can join and listen to comm with no problem in Roger Wilco.Thanks:RTH

Hi RTHFirst thought that crossed my mind, have you reinstalled DirectX?I remember having this connection problem a long time ago. Just an idea.Hope it helps,

Guest MB327

And what version of DirectX?But before going on with helping to trouble shoot this, I must ask if you are using your NEW VATSIM password, entering your first and last name, Home Base, setting a callsign, and selecting an aircraft. Often when making changes like you have, it is easy to overlook one of those.Edit:Once you join your FS Multiplayer session from Squawkbox. I can see no reason why you can't browse to the correct folder and see your SB flight plans. You can browse to any folder on your computer or network. All of the .SBP plans should be accessable.Also, if you are not aware of this, use Servinfo or the VATSIM Who is on line page http://www.vatsim.net/data/who.html to determine valid servers. Try more than one.

A Great big thank you to MATS SAS526/Mats Johansson!Reinstalled DirectX9.0A as per the recommendation, and everything works like a charm so far.I did not go beyond connection, but my "Join Session" and "connect" function works fine now. I have no reason to doubt that everything else will fall in place. I am too exhausted at the moment to go on though the complete flight. (No controllers for the chosen flight are on line right now anyway).One thing this kind of thing does for one. You would not believe how fast I can go through the VatSim setup now.Aren't these Forums great!!!!Thanks again very much Mr. Johansson!.

Glad I could help!! :-)Regards,