Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

CSL aircraft with CSL texture only

Hi there,one quick question: Whenever I fly Vatsim and I am near other aircraft they all have the same white texture with the lettering "csl" on them?!I do see them at least. Can this be a result of having squawkbox installed on a differend harddrive than FS2002? Otherwise it functions without any problems, the CSL folder is in the FS2002/aircraft folder and again it's working just fine. I just wish I'd see more variety in textures other than the CSL one ;-)Any help would be greatly appreciated,Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest MB327

Actually it sounds like you have it configured just fine. Your Squawkbox (SB) directory contains a file called "CSL_ICAO.csv" which is a comma separated table with all of your SB selectable aircraft and the codes associated with them (including the "Title"). Your FS Aircraft directory contains a folder called "CSL" containing the code identifier "Title" and corresponding "Model" of each aircraft texture set within that directory.When a pilot connects to VATSIM, a code representing the aircraft title that pilot selected in the Squawkbox flight plan window (i.e. ~B767) is transmitted to the VATSIM servers. That code is then picked up by other pilots within a 40 mile range. Your simulator takes the code and looks for that aircraft title in your aircraft directory. If it finds a match, the texture is displayed. If no match is found, you get the dreaded result of having that other aircraft displayed in the same texture you are flying with. The problem with seeing others as yourself is that your aircraft has very detailed texture, your computer has to do double the work of displaying two sets of your detailed texture. That is the advantage of using the plain looking CSL textures. They are very frame rate friendly.The quality and variety of the CSL textures are improved from time to time. Many carrier specific textures are now available. Remember that the SB directory should be updated/overwritten with a new "CSL_ICAO.csv" file at the same time you upgrade the flight sim aircraftCSL folder so every stays in sync. Here is a link to the latest CSL set: http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/seang1/csl/

There are other airline textures, however the pilots themselves have to select it correctly. American Airlines I believe is not included for company reasons etc. there's another few that arn't there aswell. For people not flying an included airline, they have to use the generic "CSL" texture which you're all too familiar with... Also some people like to specify which sort of aircraft theyre flying... ie 737-700 instead of "United Airlines 737 (all series)" and end up being treated like a 737-400 ;)in effect, I think youre set up fine, it's just the other guys using the generic texture in their squawkbox.