Sign in to follow this  
Guest jwhitake

newbie - FS2004 connect problems

Guest jwhitake

To my new brothers and sisters in the online flying world, I am having trouble getting started. I have gone through all the sections of the prc, and am trying to connect to the network. When I start SBRelay and FS and go to the multiplayer section, there is nothing that says SBRelay - FS2004. So, I search for 127.0.0.1 and nothing happens. I was just hoping that someone could get me pointed in the right direction. If you need more info than that to help me, please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.-Ryan Whitaker

Guest fspilotguy.tk

First thing how do you connect to the internet? If you have a router you may need to open router ports for SBRelay. A list of ports can be found in the PRC in the FS2004 set-up doc.Second, what firewall and virus software are you running? My Dell came with McAfee and would not let SBRelay get out to the net. I have heard of some other people having the same problem with Norton. I use ZoneAlarm for a firewall and AVG for my virus software. with no problems. If you are running McAfee or Norton try my third idea before dumping them.Third, try this porgram over SBRelay,http://www.ivao.org/data/files/software/FS9SB2MP.zip Its the IVAO's version of SBRelay but works fine on Vatsim. Not sure why but there are a few people out there that have a strange system set up that will not let SBRelay run.

Guest jwhitake

I do connect through a router, but, to the best of my knowledge, I had successfully opened those ports. I use no firewall other than the router's and have disabled McAfee. Still no luck.I tried the other program, still no luck.Lost but still hopeful,Ryan Whitaker

Guest jwhitake

It seems to be working now, so thanks for your help. No guarantees I won't bother you all again sometime down the road.Thanks,Ryan Whitaker

I understand you seem to have it working for now, however, when you cannot find SBRelay in your multiplayer session and you use a router, there is a setting that needs to be disabled. If you go into your router settings and disable UPnP(Universal Plug and Play), you should find SBRelay from then on. You can sometimes manage to connect with it enabled, but SBRelay will not load any Squawkbox traffic into FS9. If you are connected to Vatsim and you check SBRelay to find that you are the only traffic loaded, odds are you still have comunication issues.ChuckCYXU

Guest mikiemca

Chuck or Dave I am having some of the same problems just changing from Flt Sim 2002 to 2004 . I start up and went through the milti player segment OK but when I Switch to Squawk Box and click on the "Main" I get "Please start a support Filght Simulator First. This Version Supports FS95,FS98 FS2000. Sqawk box is closing down"I have Down loaded Squawk box for 2002 and 2004 (but it only shows 2002) and SBRelay. The SBRelay isn't displayed, but I'll try and follow up on your instructions to Ryan. As of yet I havn't installedFSUIPC on FS9. I'm trying to find a pre registration edition. (the highest one I can find is 2.9.7.4). Is there any hope?Mike MDo you hear me?... Great

Guest fspilotguy.tk

Hey Mike check out the Vatsim Pilot Resource Center http://vatsim.net/prc All the links are there and lots of setup docs to cover everything you are doing. You want to look at the 103 docs.