Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Scenery objects

SwisspilotSince a few days, I receive following message, at any departure airport and with any aircraft, ready to take off :"Scenery library objects not found", followed by "ID:0X4F47414C, etc.."I supposed it comes from a scenery add-on, but how can I figure out?Thanks

Guest GerrishGray

Hi thereThe error message indicates that a 'library' BGL containing section 10 library objects is missing or incorrectly installed. From the snippet of the message you have sent, I can tell you that the object originated with a Lago add-on - possibly FS Traffic or FSSE.Hope this helpsGerrish

I have received the same or similar message from time to time. I think it has something to do with corrupted add on scenery installations. But, there is a microsoft knowledge base bulletin which discusses scenery problems. Unfortunately, as you will see when you read the bulletin, there is no easy fix. And FWIT, despite the message, I have not really noticed anything irregular, odd looking or visibly absent...now, with that said...here's the link:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q312463Good LuckSherman KaplanHighland Park IL

SwisspilotHi Gerrish,Thanks for your information. The last scenery add-on I have installed is, by the way, Honolulu from Lago !! I am unable to download the patch SP1, server is too busy. Perhaps it's the problem.

Guest GerrishGray

Hi again 'Swisspilot'If you send the full error message to Lago support, they will be able to identify which scenery object is being reported as missing and which library BGL it comes from. Their support is usually excellent.Contrary to the unhelpful information on the Microsoft support site, missing scenery object problems are normally quite easy to diagnose and put right. They are almost always caused by a missing or incorrectly-installed BGL containing 'library objects', and the hexadecimal code in the error message identifies which object is missing - although translating that into the correct BGL does take a bit of knowledge.RegardsGerrish