Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Sunday's Detroit Flyinn

I posted this on the vatsim forum, and will also post here since I cannot get onto the Detroit Controll area message board. Anyway, I had to drop out while upwind for landing at 22L this afternoon. My computer was evidently overloaded, squackbox and avc both crashed, and fs2004 even with simple wx and low scenery detail was hardly more than a slide show. I want all those involved in planning and prep that there was nothing I could do, so I am posting this public apology. And, fwiw, there was a genuinely impressive collection of pilots, and of course, controllers. my sb tcas screen was crawling with aircraft, and I could see many planes on the ground as I neared pattern. And, on the way, in, the Cleveland controller gave me a heads up about another aircraft within visual range and near my FL...what a great sim and great hobby. I could see the other pilot and stayed comfortably away.For all those who could not finish, congratulations. I guess I will have to avoid large flyins until i get a computer that is maybe the size of minnesota...:-)Sherm

Guest Atunall

Yea,I was running low weather detail, medium scenery. It was okay until I got right near Detroit. I was flying in an Airbus A320 to Oakland County International to try and avoid all the traffic at Detroit, but it still slowed to a near halt, frame after frame, ugh. I was left traffic when Squawkbox just stopped moving, and my computer didn't want to do anything more. Ended up d/c before I biffed it and slammed into some unsuspecting traffic.I will say this, great show, I enjoyed the fly in alot. Maybe next time Ill have a better machine. - Andrew TunallUAL330