Sign in to follow this  
wrenchca

Servinfo Problems

Guest SamGreenwood

It's finally working!!! :) :)After months of pulling my hair out the problem is now resolved :)I resinstalled my network card and thought that would reset all of my IP and DNS settings, but I realised that that didn't reset everything. So I searched for a document that made it easy to understand how to reset TCIP config settings (I couldn't get anything in that MS document to work) and when I finally found a document that explained it in "layman's terms", I tried that, saw it worked, restarted my computer, and YAY!! Now SI finally works :) :)So to Michael, you can add this remedy (reinstall network card or adapter, then reset TCIP config settings in XP using the cmd function, restart computer and that's fixed it) to your FAQ :)And once again, thank you SO MUCH, Steve. I could NEVER have found out what it was without you. *Sends you, your wife, and your new born an expensive bottle of red wine* I can't thank you enough :)Also, a thanks must go out to Chuck for helping as best he could. Thank you, Chuck.I can now sleep better :)

Guest BeachComer

Sam,Wonderful! :-jumpy I'm thrilled that you fought it through and won the prize. A good lesson for me as well.>wineMake it something sweet, or better, a good full-bodied red ale (not Guiness). Shiner Bock is my weakness... :-beerchugYou didn't tear me away from Karen, I was just explaining that due to not being torn away, it took me longer than I'd care to wait (on your end of the transaction) to get back to you.Good job and hope to see you online sometime. I nearly always fly as N23T.

Guest SamGreenwood

Hehe, no problem, Shiner Bock it is! :DI sure learned a lot as well. I now feel like half a TCPIP/IP/DNS expert :DMichael, if you read this, don't take this the wrong way, but last time I checked the SI site there was nothing at all in the FAQ about the "blinking loading for over 10 mins with no reaction" situation I experienced. I therefore think it would be good of you to add this scenario and remedy into the FAQ, just in case other people might be experiencing the same and can't find this thread :)Once again, thanks a lot, and I certainly hope to see you up in the skies some time :-wave