Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bertrand

Still cant get connected to server...

Guest Bertrand

Hi gentlemens,There is 2 years I haven't fly with all of yours... Thanks to my divorce :-)On a new PC, with a brand new configuration, I re-installed everything step by step, reading all the differents user's manuals and "readme" files.But, eventhought my multi-user is OK, my sbr is loaded, sb host is loaded and SB found the session, when I'm just about to "connect" after squawkink "stand by".... I receive randomly 2 different messages :WSAECONNREFUSED : "The attempt to connected was forcefully rejected"orWSAETIMEDOUT : something like : "you were timed out before connection"... (not sure of this one but it looks like it)Got to say that of course, I checked and received (thanks to Piotr Nowicki) confirmation that my pilot account was still available and valid. I can't get connected in anyway... Does anybody have an idea of what's wrong in my procedure??Many Thanks to all of you. :-))

Guest Bertrand

Many thanks for your info's... I was able to connect this (european) afternoon for few minutes BUT NO WAY to have AVC working.... :(What is funny is that it (AVC) told me : 'you must first be connected to Vatsim..."But I WAS connected...Then I closed SB, MSFS and everything, went back in Vatsim servers info pages to check out all available servers and voice servers.Coming back and re-launching all the softwares (SRB-multiplayer-SB Host and finally, SB) and when trying to connect... : "invalid callsign or password" in the SB window.And there I am ! so now everytime i want to reconnect.... "invalid callsign or password" (wich i checked of course) and obviously, the same AVC message : 'you must first be connected to Vatsim..."For additional info, Fsuipc is ok and registered, servinfo iparddr.txt is OK now and located in SBsquawkbox directory, etc...So I have not a clue on what i can do now to have it working properly... :-((If anyone has idea's..... Mostly welcomed..... Thanks

Guest lvedin

> connect this (european) afternoon for few minutesJust a small suggest little besides.Check connection in ServInfo "Network Servers".Chose a good SB server-connection.Select also a good server-connection at AVC "Authentication Server".Lennart Vedin SAS202

On the Connect page you have to have the callsign set to the same one that you are logged into...iehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/99162.jpgThis is the same login that I have in squawkbox (SLR792) with the callsign as Sobelair 792.also you will need to have the pilot info with your correct ID and Passwordhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/99163.jpgand finally for the voice to be more realistic, in the Audio setup tag, tick the "Realistic Distortion" option on, and add some "Side Tone Volume" to about 1/4 to 1/3rd of the way up.If you have the Callsign on the first tag set to SLR792, and you are logged in to Vatsim as SLR623, AVC will look on Vatsim for SLR792, not see it and spit back this error:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/99164.jpgIf you are logged into Vatsim as AAL292 and have your AVC callsign set to SLR792, and I am logged in as SLR792, it will look at my login as SLR792 and see my Vatsim ID as 812681 and my password, and then look at what you have set as your Vatsim ID and password in AVC and notice theyre different. and say the same error. If you are logged in as SLR792, and are logging in AVC as SLR792 but have mistyped your Vatsim ID or Password, then it will say the same error again.So you have to have THREE (3) pieces of information right to login to AVC voice comms. Your login ID your Password and the Callsign you have logged in as... also you need to have the Vatsim Authentication Server set, and it may take a second or two after logging into Vatsim for AVC to be able to find your login details.