Sign in to follow this  

Atlanta Skyline

For anyone who has not checked out Bill Molony's new "Atlanta Skyline", go straight to the library and get it!!Spent last night touring around town with the Goodyear "Defender" (thanks to Bill Lyons), taking in all the fantastic sites, a ball game at Turner field, the Georgia Dome, and too many beautiful skyscrapers to mention here. Thanks, Bill, for your great projects (KATL Addon, Stone Mountain, and now the Skyline) Can't wait to see what you donate to our community next!!! :-sun1 Vincent

WOW! Thanks for the super kind words Vincent!Glad you like my work!Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Bill,Just finished reading your tour guide of Atlanta. I have never lived there, but I am now ready to order lunch at the "Greasy V"!! Your attention to DETAIL deserves an award from someone. I hope "the Bear" picks up on this and gets you the recognition you deserve. Anyway you have my vote...ONE GOLD AWARD to go along with the gold dome on top of your excellent State's Capitol building. Happy Flying!!Vincent

I have to agree with these guys Bill. Im a pilot for Delta and you have done a great job here. Its nice to have the dome there now and I was especially flabbergasted to see the Varsity there. Worst food Ive ever had:) Keep up the GREAT work and thanks very much!By the way where EXACTLY do you live under 27L ? Im in Peachtree City!Hornit

All I can say is WOW. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the mall just down the street from me included into the package(Gwinnett Place)! You have really done a great job with this scenery..and I really like that you have the whole metro area in the scenery. Now I am very happy that ms under represented Atlanta..because this add on is so comprehensive and much better than anything default!! Again many thanks. I agree with hornit about the Varsity....the food was horrible...but the coke float was pretty good!Garrick Geisz

yes it is a great job .It would not be a bad idea to maybe do a few of the buildings in buckhead(lenox mall) for VFR markers.Lots of times I use the building across from phipps plaza as a VFR marker (can't remember the name of it).Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

How can you say that about the food at the Varsity? It's the only place in town where I can get a whole week's (month's) worth of grease in one meal :-) . Now I'm off to download the scenery....Trip

Hi Hornit,Thanks so much for the comments!I am down between Morrow and Stockbridge.And I still stop off at the Varsity occasionally just for the atmosphere--and boy does that place have lots of atmosphere! :)Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Hi Richard,I did include the Buckhead area including at least 10-12 buildings. The list includes all of the highest 50 buildings in the Atlanta area plus many more. Also included was both Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza.But I did have to move Buckhead over a slight bit west of it's real location. That is because Microsoft located GA 400 a bit too far west. But it really isn't off by much.Check out the doc file I included inside the Zip. It lists all buildings along with the actual FS2K2 Lattitude/Longitude coordinates. You can enter those into Map View and jump directly to each building.Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

ahh yes i see that now.I must of missed it in the docs(which i did read) :). I have not had alot of time to actually look at all the building included.Just the downtown area.I live by park place.It was interesting to see it in a flight sim :) now all that is missing is what i emailed you about :)Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

This really is an outstanding job, Bill! I don't know how you not only were able to do it this well, but to find the time to do almost 100 landmarks!Flying north over Cobb Parkway, I cracked up to see the Big Chicken!!! Thanks Bill.Richard, I don't know if it is the settings you are using, but I noticed a lot of Buckhead buildings including, Lenox Square Mall and Phipps plaza plus surrounding buildings that I don't know the name of but recognize. Tower Place is remarkably well modelled.It has really added to my enjoyment of VFR flying around Atlanta.- Kevin

Guest guyjr

I have to chime in along with everybody else in singing the praises of this scenery. I'm an Atlanta ex-pat (living in metro NYC now), and I am _very_ impressed by the level of detail. I'm also a Tech grad, and worked in Buckhead for a couple of years right next to Buckhead Plaza, which I noticed was very well modeled and positioned quite well. I'm about to go fire it up again and check out the nightlighting.I think my favorite building is the Atlanta Financial Center. I flew around town in the Goodyear Blimp, and zoomed in on the base of the building, and discovered that there was a MARTA train waiting there for me! Very nice touch!:-beerchug Kudos again!! :-beerchug--Guy Elden Jr.PP-ASEL

Great scenery Bill. Thanks so much for the addition. It makes the local flying ever so much more enjoyable.Trip

Simply wonderfull work Bill. certainly makes flying around Atlanta 'As real as it gets'. I am curious. I am using Sim flyers KATL scenery. This activates one runway on each side of the airport, but while downloading your skyline scenery I noticed that you also have a file which opens all the runways at KATL. I would certainly love to do this but I am wondering if using your file will in anyway conflict with the Sim flyers scenery?

Robin

Hi Romeo_Tango,Interesting moniker! :)Thanks for the compliments!Glad you are enjoying the scenery.Actually I am not sure whether my KATL AFCAD stuff will work with Sim Flyers or not. I don't have the Sim Flyers scenery to try it.But mine layout is EXTREMELY accurate to the real world KATL field. I have checked the Microsoft layout against satellite images and it is unbelievably close to the real thing. I think they MUST have used actual satellite images to create most of the major airports such as Atlanta.So if Sim Flyers matches that accuracy, I cannot image it not working. Of course, the only way to know for sure is to try it. The way things are set up in FS2K2, it is easy to try and then undo it if it doesn't work.Let me know whether it does work or not.Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)