Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

Anniette Aviation closing

Anniette, You are a fresh new face and a joy to read and interact with. Your conrtributions, though new to the community, are cherished by thousands.I am pretty disgusted by this treatment you have received and have reached my limit on what all contributors seem to have to put up with (including us at AVSIM).Anniette, please send me the names and email addresses, or better yet, the offending email itself (so we can read the host IP or URL's), and we'll do all that we can to see that they are not only not permitted to download your files from here, but cannot participate in this otherwise great community.Heather, the same offer goes for you. If you have, and I have no doubt that you have, received the same kind of treatment, please forward the offending emails.Folks, this is the type of stuff that makes me want to put a full secure access to this site. That is, you provide us your real name and real email address, we'll give you a UID and PW, and god forbid that you tread on the contributors here.

Guest CharlesH

Hi Tom:I really appreciate your stand and AVSIM stand on this. Keep those individuals who do this from participating in AVSIM and downloading files from here. Maybe those people will get the message that their "hate" emails are not appreciated. If one member of this community suffers, we all suffer. We are a community and such conduct should not be tolerated. Tom, you might also consider the "Wall of Shame" here on AVSIM, post those emails for all of us to see. You can lock the post so no one can post messages. To Heather and Anniette, your contributions are really appreciated. The same goes to Mike Stone and others. You make flying fun for me and othersThanks again to Tom, AVSIM, Heather and Anniette.Kind Regards,Charles Huckelbery

Guest Scott Campbell

I have no problems with a full-secure site. It's still free afterall.

Yes Tom... please find out who they are and don't let them take part here. We certainly do not need them around here. Maybe the deesigner's e-mail address should not be included in the file and if someone wants to suggest a fix...then they can post here and point it out...so then everyone can see the request to the author....and they will not complain and insult then. The trouble makers won't bash on a public forum...and if they do a moderator will show them where they can stick their post. Take careMikeEDIT: Wall of shame is a good idea.EDIT2: I agree with BweeA340. If I get my hands on their e-mail address.....god help them.

Yeah, I want to see what they said to you. There should be a "Hall of Shame", or even a "Hall of Lame", with email addresses. I'm well known for irritating these kinds of people, and I've been thanked on many occasion :-bangHow can anyone attack somebody like this :-hmmmA secure site sounds good to me :)All the best, Anniette, and enjoy my A300 repaint ;-)

Anniette,I have always enjoyed your re-paints all you do for this forum and our hobby. I know you must follow what is in your heart and if doing the repaints that you want to do is it, by all means, do it! Just make sure you share them, because we will still love the ones you do. After all isn't that what an artist does is share what is in their heart?And if someone wants a custom paint real bad. Just tell them to cough up a few of these-$$$$$. That way if they complain you know you got something good out of them anyway. I wish you the best no matter what you do!

Guest RobA

Tom, Like Charles H., I'm with you on this. If a secure site can quickly weed out people like this, then I'm all for it. I design scenery, so no one has ever requested a repaint of their favorite livery!! ahaha I've been spared the mail from spoiled brats and would have a nice ;-) way of dealing with them I did get any rude mail. I hope Anniette will consider making whatever pleases her and if she shares some, then all the better. :-) Her hears is in the right place and I hope she will get her happy face back. I would miss reading her posts as would everyone else.Best regards, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Anniette,I really don't know what to say other then YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!I want you to know that I will always be thankful to you for my Carnival 727. And thanks for posting Zach at your site.Much Love to you!!!!!maxsdad

TomI agree with the above posts, its a dang shame when you need to revert to these type measures. I'm fairly new to the Avsim forum, but I always enjoy Anniette's comments and her repaints. The same goes to Heather I hope you Gals hang in there.jim in New Mexico, USA

Anniette,There are four good things about France: wine, cheese, Paris and you. Okay, maybe lots more. But my point is, stick around.It's all been said above, so I won't labour the point. What I will say, though, is that you have a delightful - and very rare - sense of humour and, man or woman, that makes a person fun to deal with.I'm English, so don't underestimate that last comment. After all, we've apparently been at war for hundreds of years (Roast Beef, Froggies, blah blah blah ...). I've never understood why. You have Chateau Beychevelle, Brie and Camembert, so I know why the Brits might want to overthrow Bordeaux; but we have rain, steak and kidney pudding, more steak and kidney pudding, and more rain, so why on earth do you bother? We even nicked "pommes frites" from you.So maybe it's for the friendship ... hang on in there, gal, as they say, Stateside.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Tom,As far as a secure site goes, you will get no complaints out of me. Come to think of it, It's a really good idea. I vote "yes". If you implement a secure site, it is inevitable that some good apples will get left behind. However, having said that, there seems to be a whole forest of bad apple trees around here lately. :-rollBeing realistic though, is this even possible, when considering your advertisers?Cheers,Roger

TomI'm with you on this. Something has to be done to protect the contributors to this hobby.Anniette Very sorry to hear of this shabby treatment. Take some time and please reconsider. You have a lot of fans out here in flight sim land that really enjoy your work.Novastar

Guest gasebah

Hi Anniette,I don't get it, I don't get it. Not that I am a freeware guy, most of the stuff I own and use is payware, but I am very, very grateful for the freeware I am using (utilities mostly). I also appreciate it very much that there are people out there that have the talent and the willingness to share it with other people. It always was hard to believe for me that there are people that are bashing freeware authors, but at least I always thought it would be very, very few sick heads. Turns out there are actually many of them.But than again why should a "community" like this be any different than the rest of the world?It is a shame, although perfectly understandable.Alex

Yes, I get these on a daily basis as well. Including my daily fill of e-mail viruses sent to me by a unhappy Flight Simmer(s) (I know he/them is a Flight Simmer due to the words he uses in the subject line i.e. water rudder, bombay, rear canopy etc.etc). Point is they are not going to make me stop doing what I like to do...making Free aircraft for all to enjoy! Screw them, as they are not part of the majority.... Rick Sasala