Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Honolulu: Beautiful but texture issues. Help ?!

I installed PHNL tonite and it "took" right away. Minimal frame rate impact. Gorgeous colors and details. Stunning real life effect at PHNL.But then, I took off at night. Then I observed many flashing and multiple textures, as if on a merry go-round. I had strange visuals in and out of the cockpit with a bit of panel and a broken up screen effect with a bit of spot plane, whirling lights, etc. By day, I had flashing ground textures at the airport. This seems to corrupt textures elsewhere during the same sim session. To get rid of this effect, I must reboot Windows 98 or at least FS2002. I tested for 2 hours with different a/c and at different times of day.I have an ELSA Gladiac GeForce2GTS as the primary vid card and an MX400 as secondary. This works just great with FS2002 and all add-on a/c. I've not installed ANY add-on scenery in FS2k2 till tonite. Once in a rare while--every 2 months or so--I have had whirling visual effects with textures and views, but I thought little of it and did nothing about it. But with PHNL, I have a consistent flashing, whirling, dizzying texture and lights effect by night.Is there a fix for this? Appreciate advice, info, thanks!JS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!