Sign in to follow this  
oal331

MCP & PIC767

I'm writing for a "BIG" problem i have with PIC767 & my MCP, as i can not find anywhere any other information. Please for your help!!!What i want? To connect my custom made MCP hardware device with the PIC767's autopilot & MCP. I saw that the last PIC767's update/patch (ver 1.3 i think) was made to connect the PIC767 with the Aerosoft's MCP & OTHER Hardware devices. So i decided to make my own MCP and i need the way how these two communicate!! Via FSUIPC, via any other DLL or EXE program? I can not find any documention in Wilco's site.I'm ready to make any change from my side to connect it, please any person who knows, tell me the way how to!! Best regardsOAL331

Look on the forum.I don't have experience with PIC but I read threads from people interfacing hagstrom keyboardencoders with PIC and first it did not work.Timing is critical with PIC, I mean the time between pressing and releasing the keys. You can bypas that with the hagstrom encoders by building in a delay of 50 msec (i thought it was 50). Search this forum and you will find the solution and even examples of the cfg files of the hagstromencoderNorbert Boschhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch

Guest Stephan Haas

Every MCP code has its own keyboard combination. You can find the combinations in the PIC menu of FS2002.On this site ( http://home.planet.nl/~nwkaan/ ) you can find information on the delay issue. Currently I have two Hagstrom's working on PIC and it works great.Kind regards,Stephan Haas

>Every MCP code has its own keyboard combination. You can >find the combinations in the PIC menu of FS2002. >>On this site ( http://home.planet.nl/~nwkaan/ ) you can find >information on the delay issue. Currently I have two >Hagstrom's working on PIC and it works great. >>Kind regards, >>Stephan Haas A friend did this with keyboard shortcuts, keypresses generated with FSBUS. Key2Mouse is another possibility if you have some add-ons that dont have even keyboard shortcuts - just generate synthetic mouseclicks directly on the panels. FSBUS can do this as can key2mouse.But the bigger issue my friend has that is still under investigation if it can be done is how to get information *out of* 767PIC - things are done in a custom way so those things dont show up in FSUIPC.One ray of light we saw at the project magenta site where they had a patch (actually instructions how to patch the PIC stuff by hand) to (apparently) make the FS2002 autopilot work with it so that Project Magenta stuff can control the systems. And Magenta works via FSUIPC so this hack might make it possible to use FSUIPC.I havent tried though since I dont have 767PICIf someone has information about how to get 767PIC data OUT of the thing for 7-segment displays for autopilot etc on the cockpit, that would be awesome if you could share.Tuomas

Thanks all of you for your replies, but i was looking a two way communication between PIC767 & Hardaware device (MCP).As keyboard emulation is not the proper way, as fsuipc is, the problem is that by emulating some "clicks" to increase the Altitude i will have in my MCP's diplays an ALT e.g 12000 feet and in PIC767's display (in my monitor) an altitude e.g 11800, because some clicks losted in the way from emulation to PIC!!So i was looking a different way to communicate with PIC767, as i believe Aerosoft do, according the last Wilco's update/patch for PIC767. I'm looking for the documentation for this last update (i think vers 1.3 of PIC767)Regards OAL331