Sign in to follow this  

Rudder Pedal/Toe Brake: Sliding Potentiometer VS Momentary Push Button

GuysI have seen some cockpit builders or manufacturers using sliding or rotary linear potentiometers for toe brake along with rudder. I have also seen some of them using momentary push buttons. Now question is, what are the difference? how would that affect on FSUIPC if using sliding potentiometers or push buttons? I am at the final stage on "mechanical structure" for rudders, the captain side and first officers side. And I am about to start up with wiring, but yet I have not begun... The only thing stopping me from doing it is because I could not determine which components I could use to apply FSUIPC. Which of those components would be best to use for FSIUPC? As for Yaw left/right, Of course I have determined using rotary potentiometer. I believe it come in standard prodecures.. but in regard for toe brake??? help me out to clairfy my understading on application with FSUIPC if using sliding potentionmeters. I'd be much of obligated with all of your help.

I think FS can handle two different inputs for toe braking. You have an axis that can be assigned to an analog, pot rudder setup. You can thereby apply continuous braking from 0% to a 100% depending on how hard you push the brake pedals.With the momentary switches you only have the option of either no braking or full braking, digital, two states, i.e. switch open or switch closed.I would go with the analog pot and assign it to the brake axises in FSUIPC.Hope it helps